Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and 2 other mad dogs braved the 95+ degree heat today and went to annadel for the slacker ride. Our goal to survive the heat was to seek out shady benches. It was too hot to take good pictures, so you are stuck looking at these.

Crazy andy (crashmaster) and brown spot hide in the shade pre-ride.

Andy on bench #1 in the shade.

Here we are at another bench in the shade

It's nice and cool in here

Beverages at a bench in the shade.

It was hotter than stink but we still managed to have a good time.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
did you guys do the full 20 mile loop or just a piece of it??

i still haven't ridden up there, looking forward to it. unfortunately my two main biking buddies have both moved back east and i need to find some other 'slow but steady' riders who want to take the trip up there (from the east bay). it sure looks like a fantastic place to ride...

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cohenfive said:
did you guys do the full 20 mile loop or just a piece of it??

i still haven't ridden up there, looking forward to it. unfortunately my two main biking buddies have both moved back east and i need to find some other 'slow but steady' riders who want to take the trip up there (from the east bay). it sure looks like a fantastic place to ride...
You can make all sorts of loops or routes at annadel - none of us have a tripometer, but we rode for 3 1/2 hours. Well, and rested too a bit at the benches. Did I mention it was hotter than stink? I think we maybe did 12-15 miles. Oh yea, I did some "resting" on the side of the trail as well, [email protected] soft dirt ;)

Cohenfive, I'll let you know when I'm going up, I don't mind waiting, and I bet you aren't that slow if you ride briones all the time, I think those climbs are worse than annadel except maybe two quarry and rough go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts