Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my first pair of Hoss Pondarosa shorts. When I talked to the girl at the office the day I ordered them she said they would fit snug. I tried them on and they fit snug. Is this how they fit on everyone else. They are not so tight that I can't breathe or anything and I feel comfortable in them. Just wanting to know since this is my first pair of many...Jason

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
orangedog said:
yeah - I think most people wear a size larger. that is what I do.
Guess I should have mentioned that I am a super clyde. I got the 4XL size the largest one they make right now and I am on the lower end of that sizing. They do fit they are not real tight, but I wanted to make sure that they should be snug. They are really only snug in the hips, other than that they fit good. I am new to MTB and wearing bike shorts just making sure that things are fitting like they should. Thanks for the help...Jason

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
Many MTB shorts are snug to get onto the hips. The Hoss Ponderosa shorts I have (2XL) are more snug in the thighs than other 2XL MTB shorts, but they still fit and work OK.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ordered some Hoss Ponderossa in size XL. I'm 6'4" 210 lbs and they fit great. They also go down to the knee when I'm standing which I like, my Fox shorts are a little on the short side.

·
slow uphill
570 Posts
yoda2 said:
I ordered some Hoss Ponderossa in size XL. I'm 6'4" 210 lbs and they fit great. They also go down to the knee when I'm standing which I like, my Fox shorts are a little on the short side.
The length on the Ponderosa shorts is good, fine for me at 6'8", but the waist rides a little low, I think.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
orangedog said:
The length on the Ponderosa shorts is good, fine for me at 6'8", but the waist rides a little low, I think.
I wear suspenders with my baggy MTB shorts (under the jersey). Helps to prevent unfortunate plumber's cleavage incidents. I have a couple pairs of suspenders that work well. I prefer the ones that have elastic properties for mountain bike riding. The ones that work well with the Hoss shorts have extra plastic jaws that help to hold the thin material at the top of the Hoss shorts.

·
rock crusher
257 Posts
I've got a pair of Ponderosas and they fit, well, ummm... interestingly. I have never considered myself to be "blessed with back," and they barely cover my rump standing up, much less in the saddle. Definitely have to wear a liner short under 'em.

And I am on the tall side of Clyde, 6'9, 240 in an XXL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.