Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to ride Hospital Hill and Syncline as a loop this weekend (Sunday Feb 13th). I have never rode Hospital Hill, I called Discover bikes in Hood River and they said there are no maps due to it being on private property. I am looking for someone that might want to lead a ride up there on Sunday for me and a buddy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my thoughts.

Syncline is in great shape right now, rode it 3 of the last 4 days and It was ROCKIN' today. HH has been a cold place in the shade. You might be alright if you do the front side ( dry creek up behind the Hospital) but the spring street stuff was probably frozen all day due to the lack of sun.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Aside from the fact that Syncline is a better ride right now, we are supposed to get a fairly good batch of rain this weekend as well. When hospital hill is wet and rainy it's a real bummer (not to mention a slimy, slippery mess). With the current forecast, a few maui or moab loops on Syncline will be your best bet.

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
I'd suggest posting this in the OR forum as well. The area might be in WA, but it's a lot more local to pdx then most of us in WA.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Today (2/13) you are totally good to go up HH.

The rain started to fall here off spring street around 6:30pm, into the night, and sometime around 3am it stopped.

skies are pretty clear and the ground isn't soggy. Go get it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice and info on the trail. We ended up bagging the ride this weekend due to the rain. But we are hitting it up this coming weekend for sure. Thanks again fellas.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You missed your window for a good HH - Coyote ride. It was warm and no rain both days

We rode up to the bench today and it was wet, but not TOO wet. It was close in spots, but overall not that bad for Feb. We have been dry all week until the rain we got last night and what has started tonight. I would say that looking at the forecast

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...DT&textField1=45.7278&textField2=-121.485&e=0

that you have missed your window of riding HH. Syncline might hold up through this unless the temps start to go south. I'll post again later this week to let you know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sunday AM report-Burrrrrr

It hasn't rained near Spring St since Tues Night. We've had some sunny days and very light winds. The past couple of night have brought lows in the mid 20's. I imagine that going up from spring street would not be too bad on the trails as they are probably rock hard. Most of the soggy spots from last week should remain in the shade for the better part of the day. It's going to be a beautiful day out there no matter what you decide to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.