Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Dude Abides
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Dakar Sport had a Horst link rear triangle. I loved the thing and it took all the punishment I could dish out, but unfortunately it was stolen :madmax:

Has anyone bought one of the new(er) non-horst bikes after riding a horst bike? If you have, any noticable differences? Or does a platform shock make up for it?

Thanks,
Eric

·
There's no need to fear.
75 Posts
I own a '03 XLT 2 and have always found it rides great. My wife is currently riding a '05 Dakar Expert that I have ridden a few times, while the platform shock looks after most of the pedal bob I find it has some noticable brakejack. Maybe it's just me but I'd prefer a Horst link ride.

Just me thoughts.

B

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
On a short travel bike, 5" or less, it really doesn't make that big of a difference. Don't believe me, go look at the Turner board.

I've ridden faux-bar and HL bikes of similiar design, each with 5" of travel and honestly there was so little difference in braking and bump absorbtion that it would not sway me either way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.