Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fello MTBr's
I hear the Horst link goes by by on Turners......
I would be interested in hearing your opinions why since many of you have put a few miles on them.

How much could it cost for the patent per bike on average $5?

Peace
CSPRINGS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
I believe that if you do a quick search around this forum you will find that your questions as well as many others have already been discussed in incredible depth. Not trying to offend you, just letting you know.

It is a fairly interesting topic of conversation, with a lot of people having very devout opinions regarding what they think is the best. Therefore, I just think you would get more in-depth answers if you read the older posts rather than asking for a brief summary.

My 2 cents.

EDIT: Darn, I got beat to the punch.
 

·
I think I need to Upgrade
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
CSPRINGS said:
Hey fello MTBr's
I hear the Horst link goes by by on Turners......
I would be interested in hearing your opinions why since many of you have put a few miles on them.

How much could it cost for the patent per bike on average $5?

Peace
CSPRINGS
*Opens door steps in looks around* If you do a search for "TNT" or just scroll down you will have more info than you willknow what to do with *slams head into wall a few times steps out closes door and walks away*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
CSPRINGS said:
Hey fello MTBr's
I hear the Horst link goes by by on Turners......
I would be interested in hearing your opinions why since many of you have put a few miles on them.

How much could it cost for the patent per bike on average $5?

Peace
CSPRINGS
Actually it has more to do with the imaginary ICT patent that ellsworth owns rather than the HL patent, basicly turner was paying his no.1 competitor for a bs ict patent, so rather than pay ellsworth he changed designs, this is the info. that was given to me in a email from turner - it makes sense why pay money to your competition? especially for somehting as bogus as the imaginary line of ict??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the Flogging! :)

Hi all,
I scanned the first few pages and saw nothing. Will try the search feature. Thanks for the spanking left me smiling....I am a dolt.

Hmm the last useful reply left me thinking, ICT CACA ? HL is Spech owned patent which is already "ICT". I do have a limited experience and knowledge of patent criteria yet am not a patent attoney. My recollection that slightly moving the HL pivot would not equal non Spech patent. I have spent significant time studying, researching, and to some degree riding different pivot designs. Heck didn't the Giant NRS with the extreme dropped pivot have HL patent license? It did in fact have a significant effect on application, being an extreme movement of HL pivot thus significantly changing the application - thus it might well be explained as not requiring HL licensure. One would actually have to read the Patent narrative, drawings, and justification for patent entitlement. I may have in fact done so some years ago but do not recall the specifics.

My take on Ellsworth copy of HL design, including linkage analysis is that it is a HL patent - period. I have a HL and chainstay pivot bike, the difference is noticable to one who rides a lot and is sensitive to what goes on where the tire meets the road. Average riders might never notice the difference. I can feel it especially when braking on the rocks and pedal jamming whilst dancing over same rocks.

I love bikes, I hate sheitty customer service. I will search as many of you have beat...er ..eh suggested. I look forward to the reads.

Thanks again for all your input.
Peace Is Our Mission
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
calc this

tscheezy said:
Now now, Steve has calculated the relative bogosity of the TNT vs ICT systems. And for his next feat he will finally prove that bumblebees really can't fly!
I am sure a force calculation could prove that there is serious brake jack on this ride when applying the brakes hard, set up as pictured of course!!!!!..........
then while picking up speed down steeps I would think the calculated pedal effect will certainly make this puppy firm up and act like a hard tail big time.......cant imagine how much the back end will be all over the place from that alone....!!!!
 

Attachments

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
DGC said:
I am sure a force calculation could prove that there is serious brake jack on this ride when applying the brakes hard, set up as pictured of course!!!!!..........
then while picking up speed down steeps I would think the calculated pedal effect will certainly make this puppy firm up and act like a hard tail big time.......cant imagine how much the back end will be all over the place from that alone....!!!!
I think you found the solution to the m1 rattle noise problem.........snow!!.

Let me know when the headtube rips off. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
it already has

kidwoo said:
I think you found the solution to the m1 rattle noise problem.........snow!!.

Let me know when the headtube rips off. :D
Yeah your right, just think I dont have to put a chunck of tire or tube on the stays, or the really tough Lizard Skinz either.....The head tube area has a crack where the welded on plate/gusset already covers a big crack from the previous owner. I would bet the front comes off in a few months worth of snow biking.....forget dirt riding it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
yes coming, no have now

Roy said:
You got any video of the snow bike in action? That is a must see.
Soon as i get my camera replaced, which is broken right now. I will do some video footage of the snow biking soon as i can probably by Christmas. I will be doing some video with a few of us together so it will be good.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,161 Posts
tscheezy said:
Now now, Steve has calculated the relative bogosity of the TNT vs ICT systems. And for his next feat he will finally prove that bumblebees really can't fly!
they don't fly they swim

don't you know anything about scaling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have Camera-rerra Will Travel

Nice termination to my post. I have a camera. Can you place a nice basket up front that will fit me? If the colors and fit are to my liking I will be happy to take some vacation snaps of the suspension action in action for further input and output anal-ysis. P-L-E-A-S-E remind me to bring a roll of quarters to laundry my shorts immediately afterwards before the ride home.

This looks like a job for Superman..where is he when we need him?

Thanks for the pic!

Peace is Our Mission
:cool:
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
DGC said:
Yeah your right, just think I dont have to put a chunck of tire or tube on the stays, or the really tough Lizard Skinz either.....The head tube area has a crack where the welded on plate/gusset already covers a big crack from the previous owner. I would bet the front comes off in a few months worth of snow biking.....forget dirt riding it.
I find that kind of interesting. You know as do I that as far as jumping big things, there's bike scale.........and then there's SNOW SCALE. Do the same monster tabletops that get hit by my snowboard and skis get hit with my impending snowbike? If so, I certainly don't want a pre 05 thing with intense on the downtube underneath me. :p

Actually that thing looks freakin fun. I'm jealous.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
tscheezy said:
Now now, Steve has calculated the relative bogosity of the TNT vs ICT systems. And for his next feat he will finally prove that bumblebees really can't fly!
Well... bumblebees can't fly but they can't understand math...

You guys ride SP's but you can't understand math....

:D :D

Joking... bumblebees are the proof that there are models in nature that defy accurate modelling in the real life. By your reviews I think Turners are like the Bumblebees of bikes... you guys should paint them yellow/black stripes!!!... oh, wait!!! Peaty already patented that paint scheme!! :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top