Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did I ever mention I'm a cheap screw? Here's a little fender thing I made for Mark The Third for a couple of bucks. It does a good job of keeping the crud off the pivots and FD. Also adds a pleasant warming sensation. I cut the panel out of an "economy" vinyl 3-ring binder cover.

Attachments

·
gimme friction
1,139 Posts
Nice work!

I'd say that's pretty fender-riffic...keeping the mud away from the crucial bits. Gotta love the DIY skillz.

BTW, thought about you and Baycat yesterday, looking over at Bo Ridge from atop Pine Mountain. We got some great miles in for a Friday slacker ride. Looking across Kent Lake reminded me I wanna ride Bo Ridge again.

Ryan sez you know the special sauce out there...let's get it on this summer. Make a believer out of me! :thumbsup:

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monday Ride You Long Time, Joe

I appreciate the props, Querc, but the DIY skillz required were pretty minimal.

If you're interested in exploring the area, on 9AM Monday, I'll be riding a long one, so to speak. Starting at Shafter Bridge at the east end of Samuel P Taylor State Park. I'll be making a big loop consisting of Shafter to Bolinas Ridge, Mount Tamalpais, Pine Mtn, and San Geronimo Ridge. All fireroads, all legal, not technical, but a good workout. Somewhere around 30-35 miles, plenty of climbing, some of it steep. You'd be welcome to join me. Drop me a line if you need more 411.

~App

Quercus agrifolia said:
I'd say that's pretty fender-riffic...keeping the mud away from the crucial bits. Gotta love the DIY skillz.

BTW, thought about you and Baycat yesterday, looking over at Bo Ridge from atop Pine Mountain. We got some great miles in for a Friday slacker ride. Looking across Kent Lake reminded me I wanna ride Bo Ridge again.

Ryan sez you know the special sauce out there...let's get it on this summer. Make a believer out of me! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.