Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Except when I'm driving
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Horsetooth yesterday getting ready to ride when the police/rangers/SWAT came charging into the Soderberg TH and asked everyone to leave. We were not allowed to ride Horsetooth and went to Blue Sky. While going up the trail from Soderberg to Bluesky we noticed rangers blockading the road and guys in cammo with assault rifles. We asked multiple authority figures what was going on without any answers. Didn't see anything on the news. Anyone know what was going on?

·
Registered
96 Posts
What time? We got there around 11:30 and saw all of the police and rangers next to the fire station. We hit the Soderburg trailhead about noon and finished around 2 with no problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You didn't by chance snap any pics?

I'm curious who the people in Cammo were.

·
Except when I'm driving
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it was about 10:30 am when they rushed in to the lot. No pics, they were very adamant about us leaving and quickly. The guys in cammo had assault rifles with scopes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you see any patches on the Cammo?

Did the guys in the Cammo show up in the same vehicles as the police?

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Was there someone illegally camping...ala ABQ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hope it isn't a response like what happened in Albuquerque.

The statement about guys in Cammo makes me think it was some kind of drill or this is a joke.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Um. Police departments are paramilitary groups. None of this is shocking. It's been, at least, a 13 year long build up. Did they roll up in their APCs?

2208.jpg
(source)

See: Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America’s Police Forces, by Radley Balko for more information.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just a tip if you roll up on something like this check your phone if doesn't appear to be working get out of there in a hurry.

·
Registered
122 Posts
From the SO FB page:

Larimer County Sheriff's Office Joyce, We had a subject making suicidal statements and trying to avoid law enforcement in the area, but we were able to take the person into protective custody and stabilize the situation. There was no danger to the public.
Like · Reply · 1 · April 7 at 1:17pm

·
Wrench
769 Posts
Sure, that's what they want you to believe.

Weird stuff. Plenty of interesting commotion just for one suicide watch.
From the SO FB page:

Larimer County Sheriff's Office Joyce, We had a subject making suicidal statements and trying to avoid law enforcement in the area, but we were able to take the person into protective custody and stabilize the situation. There was no danger to the public.
Like · Reply · 1 · April 7 at 1:17pm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts