Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Sunday we are finally heading to Danville to check out Hopewell Park. Strange it took so long to check this place out since we only like 30 minutes away. (I guess we'd get sidetracked at Natalie/Roaring Creek. :) )

Anyway, what are the 'Must Ride' trails? Are the trails directional? If not, whats the best route/direction? Any other advice?

Thanks, in advance,
Coal-Cracker

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roaring Creek has some amazing trails on the ridge of the mountain. You can access it either off Rte 54 (Natalie) or Rte 42 (Aristes). The majority of the trails are on the Rte 54 side, so I recommend that trailhead. The trails can get rocky and challenging, but they remain a lot of fun. Berms and drops into old stripping pits. Good stuff!! There are actually miles and miles not shown on NEPMTBA map. Definitely worth checking checking out.
(Note: there is also a 16 mile gravel double track along the valley/reservoir.)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just returned from riding Hopewell. A lot of climbing, but the downhill sections were worth the effort.
Rode Bullet Baby multiple times. Big Banana brought back memories of Trexler's Kill Dozer, but with steeper drops.

The trail is a mix. There were sections that reminded me of Nockamixon, Allegrippis, Trexler, and Swatara.

Finished the day with burgers and beer at Old Forge Brewery.

It was a good day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.