Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I want to get colored levers for my new Hope M2 brakes, I was wondering what the verdict was on dangerboy levers.

I am happy to pay a few extra bucks for them, but not if they are inferior to Hope levers, which I can also get in colors for extra coin.

Any experience appreciated.

Cheers

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,120 Posts
Dangerboys feel great

If you want a color other than silver or black I think you're out of luck with Dangerboys. Hopes seem to cover the rainbow however.

Once I tried the Dangerboys on my Juicy's I was instantly sold on their feel. Your index and middle finger each get a "hook" to pull from, making two finger braking very natural and ergonomic. I'm in the process of facelifting my Spot and some new Hope M4s with Dangerboys are in the mix.

Here's a couple of pics as an appetizer. Note the pronounced extra hook.

Randy

Attachments

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
i too have the dangerboy levers on my XT discs and love them.

pronounced hooks for fingers and machinced grooves for traction.

very solid feeling and badasss looking.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input. Their website actually says they have "All colors". Perhaps that is new? I will probably ask Larry. I like your brakes.......perhaps, depending on the price, I will even go with colored reservoir and bore caps to complete the blingformation

EDIT: Got an email from dangerboy and they do in fact come in multiple colors.

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
EndoRando said:
If you want a color other than silver or black I think you're out of luck with Dangerboys. Hopes seem to cover the rainbow however.

Once I tried the Dangerboys on my Juicy's I was instantly sold on their feel. Your index and middle finger each get a "hook" to pull from, making two finger braking very natural and ergonomic. I'm in the process of facelifting my Spot and some new Hope M4s with Dangerboys are in the mix.

Here's a couple of pics as an appetizer. Note the pronounced extra hook.

Randy
oh my those are too sexy...

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
so....

For those that replaced their juicy Levers with Dangerboys..... did you have to use the Balle Racing tool to remove/reinsert the pin? If not, how did you do it...... hammer and drift?

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nope..

Corky3 said:
For those that replaced their juicy Levers with Dangerboys..... did you have to use the Balle Racing tool to remove/reinsert the pin? If not, how did you do it...... hammer and drift?

Thanks
There are no special tools required to replace the levers on Juicy's...just allen wrenches. There's a small screw that you loosen that holds the pin in place. When you loosen it, the pin basically falls out with a little nudge. It goes back in just as easily.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
re. Upgrade update....

Ryan.....

thanks for that...... I assumesd(thought I'd read it somewhere) that you need a 'Chain tool' like tool to push the pin in/out ....... thanks a million(you've made my day!)

think I'll get me some 'o them dangerboys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.