Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused....I have a hope moto V2 front brake. I need pads. The hope site doesn't say which pads fit. Don't flame me too bad....but why doesn't anyone seem to list V2 brake pads??

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
I got mine from Universal Cycles early into the life of the V2. They get theirs from BTI. I unfortunately no longer have the SKU on hand, but it should be listed on their site.

Use VIP10 or VIP15 at checkout to get 10 or 15% off your order depending on the amount.

I bought the gold metallics, btw. I like them better than the organics. Last much longer, too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Backordered at Universal. But I did manage to talk to Beyond Bikes today. I have a 500+dollar order about to go out from there. So it would be nice if they can throw those in the box, and save some shipping. I hope I get the right pads.

·
≈ > ♥
956 Posts
The sintered pads are full metallic, grab, and get pretty damn hot. Not a problem with the M6Tis or V2s, they can take it. Other brakes boil their fluid running sintereds as opposed to semi-metallics on long decents.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
zahgurim said:
The sintered pads are full metallic, grab, and get pretty damn hot. Not a problem with the M6Tis or V2s, they can take it. Other brakes boil their fluid running sintereds as opposed to semi-metallics on long decents.
M4's and Minis can handle it too. I only use the metallics. The heat generated is directly a result of the frictional force and the energy bled off, so for the same level of braking, they will get to roughly the same temps, all being equal. The higher frictional force allowance from metallics can lead to hotter pads, which are generally made to work in those ranges.

As far as fluid boiling, your information is not correct. These brakes are made to use these pads. If you're boiling fluid with metallics, you're on Maguras, which is why they tell you to NOT use metallics. This is a big blanket statement that reeks of regurgitated overheard info and is not correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.