Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm presently useing hope v2 with 183 floating rotors,I would discribe them as "stop a freight train feel"...I love them !!!
I'm looking to pick up another set of brakes for a all mountain build,I'm thinking of the x2 with 203 rotors.Are the x2 close to the power of the v2,will I still get that stop a freight train feel with the x2 with 203 rotors ??
Also do the braided lines add to the super stopping power with hope brakes.
thx for the feedback

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
AMCAT said:
I presently use hope v2 with 183 floating rotors,I would discribe them as "stop a freight train feel"...I love them !!!
I'm looking to pick up another set of brakes for a all mountain build,I'm thinking of the x2 with 203 rotors.Are the x2 close to the power of the v2,will I still get that stop a freight train feel with the x2 with 203 rotors ??
Also do the braided lines add to the super stopping power with hope brakes.
thx for the feedback
No, the X2 with 203s will not work well if you are looking for V2 power. The M4 183/183 is a great combo. I run the V2 203/183 on my DH rig, and M4 183/183 on my AM rig and love both setups. The M4s have lots of power, but even better modulation than the V2s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.