Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm a bottom feeder...
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All- Will the above said brakes work on a Nomad? Will the 203 mm. rotors work? Does anyone out there own these and could give me a little review. Does anyone out there have a opinion on these VS. the Avid Code? Thanks for all the help guys...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yes, they will mount up and what not, it's more of a matter of do they belong? Putting a full on DH brake on an all mountain/light DH (emphasis on light) makes it seem like you might be riding past the limitations of the Nomad...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bora said:
I Think THEY Are Overmatch For Nomad SevEn Or Five Its Enoughf .
I guess that's actually up to the weight of the rider, his braking habits and the trails he's usually on.

I personally would swap my 5's for Moto V2 in a heartbeat, on long, technical trails in the alps they are simply not enuff for a 200lbs guy like me. If you're unwilling to use two fingers for braking in such situations a V2/Code/Gustav M would be a viable option.

So if you don't mind the extra weight and demand uncompromising braking power go for the V2/Codes, yeah! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
trialsrookie said:
I guess that's actually up to the weight of the rider, his braking habits and the trails he's usually on.

I personally would swap my 5's for Moto V2 in a heartbeat, on long, technical trails in the alps they are simply not enuff for a 200lbs guy like me. If you're unwilling to use two fingers for braking in such situations a V2/Code/Gustav M would be a viable option.

So if you don't mind the extra weight and demand uncompromising braking power go for the V2/Codes, yeah! :thumbsup:
I agree, last year i had Gustavs on my 6+6 bike for my week in the Alps and they were incredible, just made it all more fun- could concentrate on riding without worrying about fading brakes.
If you need 'em you need 'em, i'd say it's more to do with the environment you ride in, than how many inches you have!

·
one more time
539 Posts
Im with horse and rookie...

Fully depends on rider and type of trails ridden.

Im 210lbs currently using hope mono M4s with 200mm (8") rotor up front and 7" out back. I really like the feel of powerful brakes..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.