Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tech X4 rotors, chris king ISO disk hubs, and 2009 Fox forks do not play well together. The spider on the rotors rub the lower post mount on the fork. It is an issue with Chris King hubs. There will need to be a "slight modification" to the fork before it will all play nice. :eekster: :mad:
 

·
Old man on a bike
Joined
·
12,395 Posts
mtnbiker1973 said:
The tech X4 rotors, chris king ISO disk hubs, and 2009 Fox forks do not play well together. The spider on the rotors rub the lower post mount on the fork. It is an issue with Chris King hubs. There will need to be a "slight modification" to the fork before it will all play nice. :eekster: :mad:
IMHO it's the Hope rotors being too wide :D
 

·
emtb.pl
Joined
·
879 Posts
I had that issue in Feb with 2006 M6 rotor and 08 36talas and CK.
I'd say it depends on the hub, DT 240's don't rub and - if I remember correctly - Hope ProII don't.
I'm not sure it's fox's fault or hope having a wide rotor. EIther way I just shaved some material off the lower PM and all is fine since then. Currently with a V2 rotor (Tech V2 and M4 rear)
 

·
One life, One boss
Joined
·
107 Posts
Just ran into this issue...

Yep King Hub and new 36 RC2 don't match with the floating rotor.I'm probably going to shave down the lower

Do I need a post mount adapter for the 183 MM? If have the last version of the M4 before they changed the levers and what not.

Hope Mount Adaptor Front Post to Post 183mm
Hope Brake Mount Adaptor
 

Attachments

·
Feeding your addiction
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
aka AK said:
Yep King Hub and new 36 RC2 don't match with the floating rotor.I'm probably going to shave down the lower

Do I need a post mount adapter for the 183 MM? If have the last version of the M4 before they changed the levers and what not.

Hope Mount Adaptor Front Post to Post 183mm
Hope Brake Mount Adaptor
Yes, you do need a post to post 183 adapter.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]
 

·
One life, One boss
Joined
·
107 Posts
a little shave

My LBS is going to shave down the lower post a bit to make it fit. Really only 2mm or so need to be removed. Structually should be fine.

Who could give up this bling!

 

·
it's....
Joined
·
2,088 Posts
aka AK said:
My LBS is going to shave down the lower post a bit to make it fit. Really only 2mm or so need to be removed. Structually should be fine.

Who could give up this bling!
I just replaced my old cleansweep 203mm rotor with that same one on my BB7/Pike dual air and nothing rubs.:thumbsup:
Did not weigh them, but the Hope rotor definitely was lighter just holding it compared to the old cleansweep rotor.
I replaced the rear as well, and also was an easy swap with no rubbing (160mm BB7).
 

·
Surfing trails
Joined
·
209 Posts
I ran into this yesterday with a I9 hub / 36 Talas / 183mm Hope floating rotor. So I got curious and tried a 180mm Magura Venti rotor. Same problem.

The Hope rotor barely rubbed against the Fox lower brake post but the Venti rotor's rivets hit the post and prevent the wheel from turning.

Either way it is time to sand down a bit of the Fox brake post.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top