Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
Looks like Thomas is too busy riding....because he never got back to us with his ride impressions, of the Hopes!

·
Ballstein Models
345 Posts
They seem normal to me. There is a lot of adjustability. The clamps themselves can be swapped from side to side to allow you to bias your shifters either inboard or outboard. The bolt that the pods attach to is similar to a single bolt seatpost allowing more lateral adjustability as well as fore and aft as clearance allows. Honestly probably more options than with the separate clamps. I am not 100% sure that the bag and part number pictured is accurate as I also ordered the plain clamps to de-match-make a bike I was selling but it should get you to the correct catalog page.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have seen some pictures from the Core Bike Show of the hope equivalent of the matchmaker, look cool (although brown), spoke to Hope and was told should be available in a couple of weeks, just holding out to get some Tech M4's with the brackets to match my SRAM's.

·
Ballstein Models
345 Posts
That is a lot of, um, brown. Certainly crossing the lines of good taste to have such a large amount of monochromatic anodization, IMHO. How quickly the masses forget the visual terrorism of vast amounts of purple ano in the early 90's.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
"How quickly the masses forget the visual terrorism of vast amounts of purple ano in the early 90's."

Kudos to you for reminding people.

I didn't notice at first, but the picture you posted does quite clearly show Hope's answer to the SRAM/Avid Matchmaker.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Hope website has been updated, and on the home page is an article dedicated to the way to run the new Tech levers with SRAM, XT and XTR, along with an image of their Matchmaker style bracket for SRAM in silver this time. Hopefully should be shipping soon.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
SteveUK said:
"How quickly the masses forget the visual terrorism of vast amounts of purple ano in the early 90's."

Kudos to you for reminding people.

I didn't notice at first, but the picture you posted does quite clearly show Hope's answer to the SRAM/Avid Matchmaker.
The sram version looks a lot lighter/minimalistic. I wonder if they fit Hayes too?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just got me a set of Tech M4 for my Heckler, 203front / 180 rear floating. I am in love.
Only problem is mixing them with older X7/X9 shifters is a bastich so I am switching back to my trusty XTR with SLX shifters. Anyone looking into the Tech M4 should keep in mind that they may have space/compatibility issues with older shifters. Take a look at the HOPE site link here: http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_60.html

·
Ballstein Models
345 Posts
Still nothing but a promise from Hope regarding their own "matchmaker." In the mean time I have much better images of the Tech levers, X0 shifters and the Avid matchmakers from a couple of angles.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.