Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
can anyone refer me to a reputable person who does work on Hopes? I have a leak in a set of brakes that I would like to get fixed.
Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve for the link- very cool. Time is limited and I am not sure I am game for re-building a caliper.

I actually checked in with Hope USA and they reffered me to someone- unfortnately I never got a response after my intial email. Thus that is why I looking for any suggestions for a reputable brake mech...

Hope USA does not do any service work....Which strikes me odd since Hope brakes lend themselves to being re-built. I love Hope brakes- always have but this annoys me to no end that there are few people who work on them...

·
switchback sculptor
424 Posts
I used [email protected]. (951-927-7796)

He is the Hope recomendation for rebuilds.
(pretty sure he used to be their employee)
Quality work at a decent price and fast turnaround.
(about $100 for full rebuild of a pair of minis...all seals and bled both brakes)

I get the impression that Hope brakes work well enough that they don't need a full time repairman, so he went private.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Odd indeed that Hope USA don't service. It's very much part of the product here in the UK. It's really a very simple job, if a little fiddly, so even if you don't want to take it on yourself you really shouldn't be having any trouble finding a local LBS wrench who'd give it a try. Like I said, any Hope dealer can order seal kits, or just buy one from Jenson (product link) and hand it over to your friendly shop guy (when you manage to find him!).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm...I may try getting the rebuild kit- I am just worried that it is a little more work than I would like as the caliper is leaking....

Erosive- thank you. Actually matt was the individual I tried and I did not get a response- maybe he has something going on in his world that takes precedent but I never heard back from him after I emailed/called him a couple of times.

And I do agree with you about Hope be durable...this is the first set I have had this issue with and I have been using Hope brakes for 10 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts