Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to start this thread in case anyone is in the market for a narrow-wide chainring and have not looked at the Hope Retainer ring. I have ordered a fair amount of narrow-wide rings for folks over the past months, which is a good thing in my opinion. Then I finally got my first batch of the Hope Retainer rings and DANG!!!

These bad boys look incredible. They have more material than the standard Raceface narrow-wide ring and seem to be designed much burlier. They have extra material to deal with stress and some extra machining around the teeth. I have one set to be installed on my bike this week, so I can get some real time experience going.

That being said, if you are in the market for a narrow-wide ring, I would look at the Hopes before you purchase one from a difference company.

Anyone have any riding time on them yet that would care to expound?

Hope Retainer Ring.jpg

G

·
By chance to they come in assorted colors? :thumbsup:

EDITED: google was my friend as i found silver,gold and black.:rolleyes:

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By chance to they come in assorted colors? :thumbsup:

EDITED: google was my friend as i found silver,gold and black.:rolleyes:
Google is great :)

Its weird because I cannot seem to order gold hubs anymore..........maybe they are coming out with a new color!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Google is great :)

Its weird because I cannot seem to order gold hubs anymore..........maybe they are coming out with a new color!!!
I spec'd my wheels in late november with gold Hope hubs. I got a call that they were discontinued in gold for whatever reason. I changed the order to red, but now they don't offer the retainer ring, or the 40t rex in red. dammit.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Holy crap... just got my Hope retainer in the mail and the tooth profile is WAY more pronounced than the RF N/W ring I have on 2 of my bikes.... I haven't had an issue with the RF ring, but with this thing there is NO way the chain is coming off... stoked!!

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holy crap... just got my Hope retainer in the mail and the tooth profile is WAY more pronounced than the RF N/W ring I have on 2 of my bikes.... I haven't had an issue with the RF ring, but with this thing there is NO way the chain is coming off... stoked!!
I have been running one for only a few weeks now and the chain hasn't even thought of coming off yet :)

·
squish, squish in da fish
1,712 Posts
man, be nice when they release a DM version. i'm guessing no, as then they will have to dish it out. i guess i could buy a 104 spider, but YTF would i do that? although, it would go nice with the t-rex i just installed.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Could you post up a picture showing the difference?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts