Right flange: 54.0mm
Center to left: 30.6mm
Center to right: 29.1mm

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Mike. Thats perfect. 262's it is then

i see you've got some flash scales there. Don't suppose you've weighed a Pro 2 SS(with bolts) have you? I'm not convinced the Hope website is right and I'd like to compare it to a CK SS

Thanks

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I have been running a Pro II singlespeed rear hub for about 4 months now on my commuter bike. I opened the hub up for the first time the other day and was dismayed to find some water inside the hub shell and the inboard side of the hubshell bearings getting rusty. It just seemed like a hard place for water to get to. They must press the bearings in dry and despite the tight fit water can somehow seep past them. Dunno.

The engagement is nice, I love the bolt-on mounting, and they look great. If you live and ride in a really wet place, I'd go King though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
strange that.

ive got a set of proII's that are halfway through their second UK winter (round about the 2000 miles mark)

i only just opend up the rear hub a couple of weeks ago and while the grease was now black instead of the original blue, everything thing worked fine, bearings were smooth as new, no rust, cleaned up and re greased and probably wont open it up again for another 12 months...

mine are cassette though, i dont know if the SS/trials version is a slightly different internal design ?

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
They are not light at 429 grams including the bolts and cog spacers. I've been tempted to make some lighter bolts but it is low on the list of priorities.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks again Mike. thats what I thought. I've built one before but never weighed it. Thought it was a good bit heavier than the standard Pro2.

I've no issues with the hopes performance(I currently run a geared Pro2 rear and a CK rear and the CK needs more maintainance) and they're easy and cheap to fix if it does go wrong. Only thing I don't like is the excessive noise!

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
I kind of like the noise myself but the SS is not as loud as the regular hub from what I can tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.