Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Well at long last after years of hoping, my new wheelset came today. I got some Hope Pro II's laced to DT 5,1d's from Larry at Mtn High Cyclery (thanks for all the recommendations too). Talk about a difference in weight compared to my stock Spec Enduro rims! However, the front hub came looking like it's set up for a 20mm thru axle, and there were no QR or 12mm adaptors included like I thought there would be. Was I misinformed, or aren't these hubs supposed to come with those adaptors?

So excited to get my wheels, so bummed I can't use them as I need the QR set up. Do I need to purchase this seperately? Tried calling Larry, but he's hard to get ahold of in the best of times...

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
yeah.. each conversion kit is separate...the hubs only come in the setup ordered...

maybe Larry will be willing to swap them... they are not that expensive and it could be a good idea to keep the 20mm TA kit in case you go TA in the future..

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Yup they only come set up...

as 20mm or QR as ordered like crisillo said. The adapter kits to go one way or the other are sold seperately. Call Larry, he'll hook you up. And as crisillo mentioned, it isn't a bad idea to have both sets of end caps on hand. I have both sets for my Pro II front hub and can't wait for the new RS Reba with the Maxel 360 light to become available! :thumbsup:

Good Dirt

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Tarekith said:
Thanks guys, he never asked which I wanted, so I never even knew I had to specify that.
Sorry, thought you needed 20mm, I'll get the QR kit out to you asap.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.