Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Living the Dream
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know to convert the Bulb, you use 2 5mm Allen wrenches and turn them in the opposite direction. However, 5mm allens don't fit into the Pro 2 and 4mm are too small. Any suggestions?

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
Might not be metric

Alpenglow said:
I know to convert the Bulb, you use 2 5mm Allen wrenches and turn them in the opposite direction. However, 5mm allens don't fit into the Pro 2 and 4mm are too small. Any suggestions?
Try an American Standard allen (AS) wrench. Sounds like the screw is not metric...

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Mine just popped right out. There's an o-ring that provides a little bit of resistance, but it appears that the QR is what holds the whole thing together.

The 20 mm adapters fit in, then are held in place with a "C" shaped retaining clip.

·
Living the Dream
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine were very tight. There was no way to pull them off by

hand. I used a rubber mallet and a 4mm allen to pop the QR adapter on the opposite side out. No contact with Bearings so they are safe from damage.

·
Wicketed
607 Posts
pro II hubs working really well for me.
swapping out the qr adaptors sometimes need a bit of judicious force (as alpenglow found) but nothing that will affect the hub negatively. it's great to be able to swap between bolt-through and qr so easily - i like to put the rfx wheels on the hardtail sometimes, which has a qr fork.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just swapped the QR out on my front wheel to go 20mm. The QR caps on mine just popped right out by hand too. There's nothing to twist out, just tap them out from the other side if they're too hard to pull out.

It took me a minute or two to figure out how the 20mm adapter works. You'd think it wouldn't be that difficult for Hope to put a little illustration on the package. Anyways, careful with those retaining clips... I sliced my finger pretty well trying to seat them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.