Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm picking up a set of Flow's laced to Hope Pro 2's this afternoon and before I do so I'd like to make sure I can make everything work. They're coming with 20mm front and I already understand that I'll need the 9mm conversion kit to run with a QR. The rear however is where I'm getting confused. First off I'm not 100% sure how to measure the rear to see if I indeed have the 12x135mm that the wheels are coming with or if I need a second conversion kit to set them up as 142mm if that's even what I have now.

If I indeed need the second conversion kit for the rear, which from what I understand is basically just some spacers, is there any issue of durability running the spacers? Seems it's a shoddy way to make up the gap. Anyone have any experience?

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
What do you have, then?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, that's the problem at this point. My initial question, in case it wasn't clear, is how do I measure my existing hub or frame to see what I have currently, in order to know if I'll need the conversion kit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Motobecane Fantom 29 Elite

Currently has WTB FX23 rims with Gravity hubs. Do you measure the rear frame spacing? Or the hub that I currently have? If I do indeed need the spacer conversion kit, I'm curious if anyone has had any issue with durability.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've also been seeing some places have an option for 9mm and an option for QR, sometimes with different pricing for each. QR is the same as 9mm correct??

·
Registered
726 Posts
That bike has 135mm spacing in the rear. And 9mm/QR is the same.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, so I'll just need the QR conversion kit then. :thumbsup: I was afraid I'd have to buy the rear kit as well. Really appreciate the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts