Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a wheelset

Hubs = Hope Pro 2 Evo OR DT Swiss 240: w/15mm front hub and 142x12 rear hub, 6 bolt disc hubs (get price speced w/both)
Rims = Black Stan's Crest Rims
Spokes = Black 2.0/1.7 butted spokes - standard J-spoke
Nipples = Black Alum Nipples
Lacing pattern = 32h cross 3 (I am pretty sure)

Any idea of what a good price on these are

·
Registered
303 Posts
Any idea of what a good price on these are
Best deal you will find is right here:

Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo 29er Crest Wheelset | Wheels MTB | - Cycle Sports UK

$488.30 shipped from the UK, any color hubs you want. You will likely need the 12x142 adapter for the rear so add $15-20. FWIW - I got a set of Hope / Flow EX 27.5 from them last month. It took a couple days to get built from original order, but once complete it took 48 hours to be on my doorstep in Portland, OR from the UK !!! I cant even get stuff from Southern California that fast. No import charges or duties. Wheels were / are freaking gorgeous

Merlin also has a killer deal on same Hope Hoops but black hubs only. They have an extra 10% at checkout deal going for Hope stuff - brings the total down to $445.63 shipped (you will still need the 12x142 adapter appx $20)

Hope Hoops - Rear - Pro2 Evo - 29er | Merlin Cycles
Hope Hoops - Front - Pro2 Evo - 29er | Merlin Cycles

I actually only paid $460 for my 27.5 set from cyclesports - it looks like the price has gone up a bit. I would still pay the extra $$ to get the color hubs I wanted. Either way its hundreds less than you can get them here in the the US. I/m all about supporting my LBS but $200 - 300 goes a long way towards other LBS purchases.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would highly recommend DT Swiss hubs, as long as you are sticking with the 240/340/440 series. I have had hope hubs on my DH bike and I was replacing bearings at least once a season, I usually get 2-3 seasons out of my DT Swiss bearings. I think the DT hubs have better seals compared to the Hope hubs. I would never buy Hope again for the NW climate.... you would think they are built for it being they come from the UK...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.