Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was putting my new (to me) Superfly together today and one of the things that needed to be done was to bleed my front Marta brake. While I was at it I may as well shorten the hose to fit the bike. I cut the hose and put the insert in....wait a minute!!! the insert went in a lot easier than the last time I did it....OH OH! I thought I had a Magura insert and olive, but what I had was a Hope insert and olive. The last thing you want to do is to have your brakes start squirting oil all over the place when you are bombimg down a steep hill, but I went ahead and put it together with the Hope stuff "hoping" it would be alright. The squeeze test worked and riding around outside it was fine also. I new that waiting to get those parts from the bike shop would take a while...should I risk it lasting or should I go down and order the right parts? Does anyone know if the 2 are compatable? It seems to be working alright so far and I have pulled the lever as hard as I would ever on the trails and it is still working great.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Go order the right parts so that you can fix it right, but until the parts come, ride it but just remember that they could fail on you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts