Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Saturday mornings ride came to a quick end for me when I lost all braking power in the rear. The bore cap seal on the caliper is leaking fluid...anyone else experience a problem like this? These brakes only have 500 miles on them, I'm concerned that this could be a reoccuring theme and ruin more rides. I will contact Hope tomorrow and get new seals on order...anyone else ever replace these with any luck? Just curious, Thanks-Mark.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,791 Posts
singlespeedsycip said:
Well Saturday mornings ride came to a quick end for me when I lost all braking power in the rear. The bore cap seal on the caliper is leaking fluid...anyone else experience a problem like this? These brakes only have 500 miles on them, I'm concerned that this could be a reoccuring theme and ruin more rides. I will contact Hope tomorrow and get new seals on order...anyone else ever replace these with any luck? Just curious, Thanks-Mark.
I've seen that problem with grimeca, unfortunatly they decided to stop producing the said lever and there was no way to fix it, all the parts come from italy, and the italians didn't really care about the problem.

Hope usually has good service though, friendly and they're pretty good about getting parts to you pretty fast. I've been using hope brakes for years and never had a problem with the cap-seal.

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I talked with Hope today, they said that a bad batch of bore cap seals went out....They said sorry that I had the problem and were very helpful over the phone...I'd say thier customer service was top notch. The new seals are free but I have to pay for the tool or I can send the brakes back to them and they will fix them for free (just may take some time). I opted to do them myself... I also ordered some headset spacers and skewers while I had them on the phone :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts