Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No Clue Crew
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've acquired a very nice set of Hope Mono Mini with new two-piece rotors (183/160). I bought them for my 29er.

Got to thinking though, that I strongly prefer the modulation and lever feel of Hope brakes and wondering if they might be powerful enough for my South Mountain bike, a '10 Spec. Enduro.

That bike currently has stock Avid Elixirs (203/185), which could easily be swapped over to the 29er.

Thoughts?

·
Brit on a trip
453 Posts
Plenty enough for me riding a 575 on SoMo, but I am fairly light at around 155 pounds (160 both ends). You might need more power if you are heavier. I use them in the Alps too where the size and steepness of the descents are waaaay beyond anything on SoMo - the relatively soft feel is ideal in situations where a snatchy brake can intitiate an unwanted slide.

I prefer the organic pads in dry surroundings as they are a bit smoother than the sintered and usually swap out to organics when coming over from the UK.

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
The Mono Mini will be plenty of brake for your Enduro, you will love the modulation, feel and power you get out of them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm 200lbs. using the same setup you just acquired and ride all over SOMO on a Flux and they are plenty powerful. The modulation is great and when I need to grab a bunch of brake, it's always there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts