Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the original hope minis- little or no power
Everything seems OK,pistons move in/out equally,easily, no leaks, lever action feels good/solid, lever doesn't pull back to the bars etc.
I have new fluid,pads and seals.
So why no power?

My mini is like this, also my friends, which was OK until I split the caliper and put new seals in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's the point, I've bled them several times,worn pads in etc.
that's NOT the problem

I'm convinced the problem must be with the lever or caliper internals

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
axl said:
that's the point, I've bled them several times,worn pads in etc.
that's NOT the problem

I'm convinced the problem must be with the lever or caliper internals
Take it easy. We're trying to help, as you didn't state either of those things in your original post. We're not mind readers here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope mini's

Yep... Hope mini's don't have much power, they're lightweight cross country brakes. ;)

Axl, your profile says "Bike Setup: bighit super Ts 2002" and "Favorite type of riding: Freeride".

If you're running Hope mini's on a 38lb-40lb bike complete with dual crown fork, you'll always be massively short on breaking power. Go back to the genius that recommended those tiny little things to you and kick his a$$. ;)

...and then make him buy you M4's or better yet M6's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got them when they first came out, and they're on my hardtail now
I thought EBC stopped making red pads for the minis.
anyway, I have to bleed them now,as I squeezed the lever so hard last night,fluid came out of the piston seal. Bet they're no better though...
I can give them a proper test ride tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.