Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it really was that easy to shorten the hose on my mono m4 's. The manual basically say to remove the hose from the lever, cut it, and put it back on, no need for a bleed. I would like to take a couple inches off the front, but am concerned that I may be missing something. Should I just go ahead and do it , or order a bleed kit just in-case. :confused:

Cheers

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Basically...

Most hydro hoses can be shortened that way. The air bubble gets in the highest part of the line and will go to the reservoir. Then just a check on the level and ride you go...

I still completely can't catch why not to squeeze he lever until the hose had been reattached but just don't do it.

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
Warp2003 said:
Most hydro hoses can be shortened that way. The air bubble gets in the highest part of the line and will go to the reservoir. Then just a check on the level and ride you go...

I still completely can't catch why not to squeeze he lever until the hose had been reattached but just don't do it.
it'll suck in air! and you'll have a bit long air bubble in the line.. :mad:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Absolutely

Today I mounted the front brake on my bike, a Hope Mono Mini, first disc brake ever, never used them before. The front hose was way too long but I was a little aprehensive about cutting it. I read through the manual a few times, looked over the diagrams, then just went at it. Very, very simple. just make sure you don't spill the fluid out once you cut the line, I used a set of park cable cutters then opened up the line with a small screw driver, pushed the line back on while squeezing the lever slightly so a small drop of fluid was visible, pushed the hose back on, put everyhting back in place and away I went on my first disc brake equipped ride :) awesome. I actually found it more frustrating to put the pads back in correctly than to cut the line on the brake but then again this is my first disc brake . :)

burger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.