Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here try to put 180 Hope floating rotors on their 5010 and run into clearance (rubbing issues) on the caliper mount? Id really like to use these rotors, but it doesn’t seem possible without slowly going through the paint. I’ve found online that you can use an axel spacer on the non drive side. Is that really a good option?

· Single Track Mind
1,056 Posts
Anyone else here try to put 180 Hope floating rotors on their 5010 and run into clearance (rubbing issues) on the caliper mount? Id really like to use these rotors, but it doesn’t seem possible without slowly going through the paint. I’ve found online that you can use an axel spacer on the non drive side. Is that really a good option?
I really can't speak to the Hope floating rotors, but I do run Galfer floating rotors on a 5010v3. Your post had me looking at the clearance on my frame and the buttons on the Galfer just barely clear, but they do clear. I've been running them for about 200 miles with no issues.

· Candlestick Maker
3,823 Posts
I've had these issues over the years with various rotors and adapters. In my case, I've made it work with washers or grinding down the adapters. If the interference had been with the actual frame, personally I'd just get a diff rotor...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.