Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 rear QR Hope Bulbs that I would like to convert to 10mm bolt on to use on my Six Pack. Is this currently possible or has anyone done this in the past? I know that Hope had kits to convert to both 10mm and 12mm thru axel. I haven't talked with Hope yet and my searches haven't turned up any NOS kits

·
Super Moderator
20,808 Posts
EDIT: Sorry man I misread your post...didn't read you asked for a kit for the Bulb

I don't know if there is such a kit

·
Underskilled
4,751 Posts
Phone up the Hope factory, they are very friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Hope is great they repaired the one Bulb I have, which was five years old for free, no hassles. I'm going to call. I have been servicing the hubs on my own and I'm familiar with how their assembled. I found an old thread about using a Atom Lab step down axel, 12mm to 10mm, but it seems they have changed the design of it( not sure though). Azonic makes one, but it is a threaded steel axel that uses BMX nuts. I ordered one since it was only $15 and I think it will work if I knock out the QR axel.The inner diameter of the caps is 12mm.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bigrocks said:
I have 2 rear QR Hope Bulbs that I would like to convert to 10mm bolt on to use on my Six Pack. Is this currently possible or has anyone done this in the past? I know that Hope had kits to convert to both 10mm and 12mm thru axel. I haven't talked with Hope yet and my searches haven't turned up any NOS kits
There is no 10mm conversion kit for the Bulb. However you can use the 12mm Thru-axle kit and use a step down axle. I have a NYC Freeride step down axle in one of my Bulbs.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Salami,I thought( I could be wrong) to convert Bulbs to 12mm all you had to do is remove the QR axel. Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts