Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the new Tech series brakes are available without rotors? I don't really want to use Hope's rotors, but would like to have a Tech X2 + Tech M4 combo . . .

Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Will I have to go through a LBS to get them without rotor, can I purchase sans rotors from most major online retailers if I call to order ( I've looked at 8 - 10 online dealers and can't find Hope's listed w/o rotors), or can I only purchase that way direct from Hope (if they sell direct?)?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing wrong with them at all, except that I'd like to try the lighter ones by Scrub Components . . . And, I don't want to pay for rotors twice!

·
Another Monster.
73 Posts
ecthelion said:
Nothing wrong with them at all, except that I'd like to try the lighter ones by Scrub Components . . . And, I don't want to pay for rotors twice!
Ah, fair enough.

They're nice rotors, pity they don't come in 203mm other wise I might consider them as a potential upgrade if I'm not impressed with my floaters.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'm interested in 180/160 F/R combo, so the Scrubs fit the bill nicely, if I can find the Hope levers and calipers separate. Mini_death, I "think" I've read something to the effect that Scrub will eventually offer 203s, so it might be something worth watching . . .

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
ecthelion said:
Great! Will I have to go through a LBS to get them without rotor, can I purchase sans rotors from most major online retailers if I call to order ( I've looked at 8 - 10 online dealers and can't find Hope's listed w/o rotors), or can I only purchase that way direct from Hope (if they sell direct?)?
I can sell them without rotors. Email or call if you're interested.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
Hack Racer
2,559 Posts
I just picked up a set of Hope myself... Awaiting for the postman to show up... Best price I could find was from Wiggle. Do a google search and you can find a 5 british sterling coupon off orders.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Hope_Mini_X2_Pro_Disc_Brake_with_Floating_Rotor/5360040210/

the above is what I bought. If you get the Pro series ones, the rotors are sought after. You could probably unload them on fleebay for 80 bucks at the min and I've seen the Pro ones go for up to 160 USD for a pair. That will save you some cash towards your original purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.