Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was considering getting the Hope brakes for my Salt and have concerns about compatability.

Ideally, I wanted to run an M4 up front with a Mono Mini rear. But it seems like the M4 require 180 mm disc, is it true?

Secondly, my wheelset currently is the Shimano Centerlock Disc Hub. My Hayes calipers work with these discs, but would the Hopes?

Thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gonzostrike said:
what is wrong with using a 180mm front rotor?
That would be ok, I am just unsureif there's a 180 or 200 mm cenetrlock rotor.

I actually called Hope Tech and they said that the Mono Min's will fork, and that the M4 currently requires a 200 mm rotor up front. But that they will be releasing an M4 in a few weeks that will work with a 160 mm rotor.

I will check on the 200 mm Centerlock.

·
ride, eat, live
238 Posts
Hope brake Ventana frame issue

I just bought hope M4's (not on bike yet) and I read a pretty detailed thread on the ventana board about issues other ventana riders were having with hope brakes, it may be worth a read to see if there are Salt specific comments there, i forget the date of the thread, hope that helps (no pun intended)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.