Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just receives my Tech X2 brakes today. Along with some spare parts and the bleed kit. Does anyone know what some of the parts are used for in the bleed kit. I know what one of the items is used for but the rest??? See pic

Attachments

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
GF 29er said:
I just receives my Tech X2 brakes today. Along with some spare parts and the bleed kit. Does anyone know what some of the parts are used for in the bleed kit. I know what one of the items is used for but the rest??? See pic
Send the bledd kit back. It doesn't work very well, takes longer to get a good bleed than the traditional method.

This is all you need, it is as easy as it gets.

http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_56.html

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of that when I made the purchase. Got a good package deal for my brakes and some spare parts so it would be more of a hassel to send it back. Ive watched the Hope tech videos a couple of times and yes it is a waste.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Techs are incredibly easy to bleed. Just buy tubing that fits over the bleed nipple off the caliper, and just take one side of the level housing off. There ya go, now bleed. That's what I love about my M4s, it takes me seriously 5 minutes to bleed start to finish. Just TRY doing that with avids.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
The caps and gaskets allow you to seal the MC while pushing fluid through the system as you bleed. As zahgurim pointed out, the pack contains one for every type of Hope MC. It's like when you buy a seal kit for an M4 - it contains MC diaphragms from both types of Mini lever. It's just easier for Hope to do a generic (yet pointless!!) bleed kit for their whole range.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't agree more the only thing useful was the fuid and the hose. I guess I can save the small parts for a conversation pieces...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.