Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about upgrading my Avid mechanial clean sweep rotor to the Hope 2-piece rotor w/ the aluminum spider thingee. I haven't seen the Hope rotor in person but I'd guess that the aluminum spider is slightly thicker than that of a comparable 1-piece steel rotor. Will my existing Avid torx bolts work or do I need new/longer bolts to work with the Hope rotors? Bolts don't seem to be included with the Hope rotor...

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
burndtjamb said:
I'm thinking about upgrading my Avid mechanial clean sweep rotor to the Hope 2-piece rotor w/ the aluminum spider thingee. I haven't seen the Hope rotor in person but I'd guess that the aluminum spider is slightly thicker than that of a comparable 1-piece steel rotor. Will my existing Avid torx bolts work or do I need new/longer bolts to work with the Hope rotors?
you are right the aluminum spider is thicker but is also countsunk so the bolts don't stick out to far into the fork leg, amking stock lenght bolts perfectlly fine to be use on the Hopes...

You will love this rotors, they are so light and grip so well, i'm just waitng for more money to keep buying more and more of them to outfit my other 9 bikes with them

Bolts don't seem to be included with the Hope rotor...
the bolts are included with the rotors,,or at least i got two of them that came with them, anyway you stock bolts will work fine

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
burndtjamb said:
Thanks for the reply. Where did you buy your rotors from? I checked with Speedgoat, who has em for $45 (160 mm) but they said it doesn't include the bolts.
I have my "sourses" to get the stuff cheap...

i don't know what to tell you, actuallly I do many internet shops are drone to take merchandize apart and sell it piece by piece, plus many times they sell O.E.M. that those not come with everything, maybe the hope parts suffer from that..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
patineto said:
the bolts are included with the rotors,,or at least i got two of them that came with them, anyway you stock bolts will work fine
Thanks for the reply. Where did you buy your rotors from? I checked with Speedgoat, who has em for $45 (160 mm) but they said it doesn't include the bolts.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Got mine today from England (chainreactioncycles) I live in australia, took exactly 5 business days. They came with bolts and are very light at 91g each!! They work fine with the xt/xtr calipers too.

Look great with the new crossmax sl's that also arrived today!!

·
hands up who wants to die
1,405 Posts
I used an 8" Hope two-piece rotor with an Avid BB7 and all Avid hardware. it worked great.

off-topic word to the wise: this rotor did not work with my Hayes El Caminos.

-r

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
rpet said:
I used an 8" Hope two-piece rotor with an Avid BB7 and all Avid hardware. it worked great.

off-topic word to the wise: this rotor did not work with my Hayes El Caminos.

-r
any word on whether or not the 160mm hopes would work with the hayes mags with the g2 caliper?

·
hands up who wants to die
1,405 Posts
Haven't tried that combo.
The issue I had with EC/Hope 8" rotor was the wide base of the EC caliper was rubbing on the 2-piece rotor rivet (or whatever that round silver thing is that holds the inner and the outer of the rotor together).

-r

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
OnTheMoment said:
My counterbored 203mm rotor that came with my Mono M4s didn't work with aftermarket Avid Panhead t25 bolts, the heads were too wide to fit in the bore holes.
Just to add, The 160mm doesn't have counter bores, the alloy carrier bit is wider on the 200 and 203mm, not sure about the 180mm though. I am pretty sure all the bolts were the same length front and rear though on mine.

Stu

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,875 Posts
burndtjamb said:
Bolts don't seem to be included with the Hope rotor...
Bolts are included.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Anyone else's floating rotors not straight?

I have found that they are not entirely straight from new! This is disappointing as they are expensive! They work well with my Shimano calipers and are light, but they should be straight directly from the packaging!

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
ryan123 said:
I have found that they are not entirely straight from new! This is disappointing as they are expensive! They work well with my Shimano calipers and are light, but they should be straight directly from the packaging!
both of mine were staight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.