Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! The so far Europe only Hooligan will apparently be available in North America for 2010... WIth a Fatty Solo!
Maybe all the cool European Bad Boys (with internal gearings, SS, Fatty Solo) will be too?

·
How do I do that?
561 Posts
Wow, I've never seen that before. Looks like a BMX messed around with a Killer-V and had child:skep:

Strange but kind of cool....I would love to see one in person:)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Quentin said:
The Bad Boy w/ the rigid lefty would definitely find its way into my garage.
+1

I had inquired about this at a local Cannondale dealer and they pretty much told me that, short of flying to Europe or having someone there buy it and ship it to me, there was no way to get one of those here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've always loved the Hooligans.

For whatever reason we seem to end up with a mix of US / Euro Cannondale Urban models down here in Australia (not complaining).

It's just too hard to justify though. Couldn't do my current commute on one, which means it would only be short trips round to the shops. Still, when I last saw one in the flesh I was lucky to leave the bike shop without a smoking credit card, the 2010 model looks even better.

Any news on that folding 'ON' concept? Was wondering if it might make it in to the 2010 lineup.

·
Frequent Crasher
515 Posts
Quentin said:
The Bad Boy w/ the rigid lefty would definitely find its way into my garage.
Mine as well! I hope they are bringing them, I really like how the white one looks.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
XJaredX said:
Is it hard to just order the fork and send it over here?
Order from where? No European dealer will do it so you'll need to find someone to go into a LBS, buy it, remove and ship you the fork. Lots of work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been riding one in Norway for a year now, and I can tell you this bike is one hell of a riot. It's about perfect for a day to day commute. Mine is a singlespeed and I upgraded the stock mech brakes to Juicy threes with a 203 rotor up front - looks kind of funny on 20" wheels - plus some carbon rizer handlebars I've had around.

Go ask your local c'dale shop about one, it's just so much fun this little bike!

·
Registered
795 Posts
"a 203 rotor up front - looks kind of funny on 20" wheels - plus some carbon rizer handlebars I've had around. "

Kopaczus - post some pics!!!! (please)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have had a hooligan for a year also , mine is a half brered of 08 and 09 parts , i got it right at the change over point , mine has the 8 speed alfine hub , very good for commuting , as you can up or down when you have to stop at a junction for instance , then get a hole shot start in the correct gear everytime , no messing about

i also put a 203 rotor up front , and changed the grips for something thinner , plus got decent pedals on it as it came with those plastic octopus things , next on the list is a truvativ omnium track crankset , with a proper 1/8" ring , the standard ring is only 3/32" and is 42t , the chain and rear cog are both 1/8" from new

the bike has very fidgity handling , which doesnt make it a good bike for long runs as you cant relax , but for city riding , its is so nimble , outrageous , the mass is very centralised , so standing up and powering up through the gears is so much fun , i think i will also get a pair of those super light weight BMX tyres , as the swalbe crazy bobs are very heavy

·
Registered
638 Posts
fwiw regarding bad boys:
new dealer catalog suggests we will see the bad boy solo (instead of ultra) and also the step down from that that's the rigid lefty business to replace the disc (still called disc i think)
and that's probably more than i should share.
it's very exciting but still no SS yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I see that the Hooligan only comes in one size. Does anybody know what size it compares to in the original Killer V frame from the late 1990's?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Can someone post a picture of themselves or others riding one? I can't seem to grasp mentally what that would look like.:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts