Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is flying in from CO next and we're gonna hit Pisgah hard Thursday and Friday. Gotta show him the goods and deflate that CO superiority complex! We'll probably ride Heartbreak Ridge Thurs and some combo around Pisgah Forest including Black Mtn on Friday. Then we'll camp, maybe grab a quick AM ride before heading down to watch the Brasstown Bald stage finish of the Tour de GA.

I did this last year and it was a frickin blast. Tried to ride to the summit/stage finish on the SS mtb with a six pack of PBR in my pack. Didn't make it all the way, but I got further than a lot of shaved leg, triple spinning roadies did :D It was a great day of watching some heros suffer like dogs too.

Anyway, this here's an open invitation to anybody that wants to join us for some or all of our bike riding, beer drinking, spectating adventure. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
sweet goodness of hell yeah!!
let's get more of a plan on this giddyup. i will look at my sched. for those days. my bud (and pardner for the Death March) and i were trying to get up Black Mountain trail one day next week anyhoo in preparation for the March. maybe we can hook up on friday.

i believe you can ride up before the race- it just has to be quite a few hours before so there is no worry that we'll be in the way of the head of the race...
of course, if you CAN ride up Brasstown... :p

·
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ride it if you can

Yeah, the road is open to bikes until just before the leaders hit the climb. It was great last year, like a poor man's TDF- the road was packed with crazed bike fans. This year I'm gonna throw on my "Everything's Bigger in Texas" banana hammock and run alongside Lance pumping my fist and screaming.

Adam, the FedEx man should be by tomorrow with the parts (shhh) so we should get together then or this weekend.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
oh boy- oh boy - oh boy!!

Singletrack Pig said:
Yeah, the road is open to bikes until just before the leaders hit the climb. It was great last year, like a poor man's TDF- the road was packed with crazed bike fans. This year I'm gonna throw on my "Everything's Bigger in Texas" banana hammock and run alongside Lance pumping my fist and screaming.

Adam, the FedEx man should be by tomorrow with the parts (shhh) so we should get together then or this weekend.
FedEx bringing the goodies... hee-hee. Let's get together and fondle the bra's, er, I mean, bars :eek: and we can also plan out our "hooky" time.
You gonna make it to do trail maintanance on Sunday at 10am / Rice Pinnacle? Let's give Mike Brown some support (and make a habit of it ;) )

·
H8 H8 H8
864 Posts
I'm there.

I've got to work, but will go to Pisgah as early as possible on Friday afternoon.

How about camping in GA Saturday night? That way we can get fit-shaced Saturday
afternoon and ride Bull Mt. or something Sunday?

You got a bike lined up for your amigo?

ZB

Singletrack Pig said:
My buddy is flying in from CO next and we're gonna hit Pisgah hard Thursday and Friday. Gotta show him the goods and deflate that CO superiority complex! We'll probably ride Heartbreak Ridge Thurs and some combo around Pisgah Forest including Black Mtn on Friday. Then we'll camp, maybe grab a quick AM ride before heading down to watch the Brasstown Bald stage finish of the Tour de GA.

I did this last year and it was a frickin blast. Tried to ride to the summit/stage finish on the SS mtb with a six pack of PBR in my pack. Didn't make it all the way, but I got further than a lot of shaved leg, triple spinning roadies did :D It was a great day of watching some heros suffer like dogs too.

Anyway, this here's an open invitation to anybody that wants to join us for some or all of our bike riding, beer drinking, spectating adventure. Let me know if you're interested.

·
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
'Sup punk

Glad you're in, I want Jason to meet a real live hillbilly while he's here.

I'll let you know where we plan to camp as I get my shite together. I think we'll have to head back towards NC Saturday because his flight leaves Asheville Sunday afternoon. We want to get in something Sunday morning before he flies out (Laurel mtn?). Not sure though.

He ended up FedExing his bike for $30. Thats half what UPS charges...we'll see if it gets here.

Cheers

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Better not be talking about fingering my baby! Nobody gets to do that but me. And what about this CO superiority complex? I think what you meant to say was "CO Superiority Fact". Though I am making an effort to fit in while I am in NC -- I didn't wear sunscreen on my neck this weekend while taking in the views of beautiful boarder babes in bikinis at the sunny closing weekend of Winter Park this weekend so my crimson skin color (that would be my red neck) should blend well with the Asheville locals. Looking forward to visiting the great state of North Carolina this week -- and yes I realize that I will regret every word of this post as I get hammered up some rocky root climb in Pisgah. ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yell if you see us on Brasstown. We may be disguised as roadies. If I'm pushing my bike, pretend you don't see me. I'm gonna get some electrical tape to cover the name of my bike in case I embarass myself.

What time on Thursday is the HB ride? Jeff might be interested.

·
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More info...

Looks like we're going to ride from the Kitsuma trailhead on Thursday AM at around 9:30 for the Heartbreak ride. Friday we'll head down to find a campsite off 477 and then ride from there. Not sure what time, but look for a blue Subie wagon and you'll find us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.