Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mountain season may be over however our dry days are not behind us. I am considering putting Maxxis Hookworm 2.5 tires on my 2009 Giant Glory DH for some urban freeride use. Am I crazy?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Also check out the Schwalbe Big Apple, especially if you're going to be riding at night.

Reflective sidewalls. :)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I run 2.5 Hookworms on my commuter/city bike and they are good tires. Pretty thick so flats don't seem to be and issue, so far. They look cool too.

I run them pretty low pressure to take up road shock being spoiled by suspension. Still roll fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rolled them tubeless on my DH bike all last winter. Try them on the trails too, the amount of traction will blow your mind. Also makes you a better rider by forcing you to be in the proper position on your bike.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hookworms for urban, +1
Giant Glory for urban, -10

If that is all you got, then ride it. If you have a hard tail, use it instead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Techfreak said:
Hookworms for urban, +1
Giant Glory for urban, -10

If that is all you got, then ride it. If you have a hard tail, use it instead.
Well I'm talking about large double stair sets, large drops. Not flowy stuff here, think Brooklyn machine works and their old demo urban Fr videos.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Konad said:
Well I'm talking about large double stair sets, large drops. Not flowy stuff here, think Brooklyn machine works and their old demo urban Fr videos.
Do you mean BIG stuff, like this:

HT for urban FTW.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts