Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A little south of sanity
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a bit since' I've posted here, I think I have been bitten by the Cannondale bug. I picked this up from a guy, could not beat the price, and I finnaly now have a bike that I can finnaly say is a real trail worthy bike! I am waiting for my new pedals, unfortunatley it had eggbeaters on it and I didn't have the right shoes so I have temporary POS peddals on it untill i get my new ones in. Have a look at the bike and tell me what you think. Don't know alot about this model, but I know it rides better than anything I've ever owned. gemini900profileshot.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Very nice, I say lose the reflectors as well... I enjoyed my Gemini alot when I had it, and still regret selling the bike to this day (but I don't regret getting another Cannondale as a replacement). Oh and you might want to get a bell for it, so you can warn everyone else to get out of your way on the downhills! Enjoy the ride.

·
A little south of sanity
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gemini6 said:
Very nice, I say lose the reflectors as well... I enjoyed my Gemini alot when I had it, and still regret selling the bike to this day (but I don't regret getting another Cannondale as a replacement). Oh and you might want to get a bell for it, so you can warn everyone else to get out of your way on the downhills! Enjoy the ride.
HAHA, yeah here in Japan on the base it is mandatory to have the bell, reflectors and headlight on bikes. There is also a helmet requirement, I am okay with that as I don't ride without a Helmet, I've been OTB, before and I am sure it will happen again, especialy considering I'm on Hydro discs again,. I got the bike back from the shop today, wanted a quick once over and tune up by someone who knows what they are doing. I've just been tearing around the base on the bike, and I have to say I can't wait to hit the trails with it, I love how this bike rides! I am still working on finding the manuals for the bike, as he didn't have them. I am hoping I can find them around here or Cannondales website or something, so I know the correct air pressure for the Fork etc. Thanks for the reply, Any advise on goot setups you've ran are always appriciated!

·
A little south of sanity
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
louisssss said:
nice bike, what year is it and how much did u pay for it?
Thanks, I had to do some homework on this because the guy didnt know alot about the bike,Classic case of the wife buying him a bike he didn't need (road biker) it's an 04 From What the cannondale website says, cause 04 was the only year the Siemens Mobile team rep paint scheme was avalible on this bike. Serial # confused me some, because there us a long number stamped into the frame under the Bottom bracket, but there is also a sticker with a barcode and a Number starting with a letter. I guessed this was the Serial number, because of what I read on the Cdale website, and judging from the color and style of the "C" logo on the front, 04 seems accurate. I paid $600 for the bike, which I thought was fair. The guy at the bike shop told me the brakes hadn't even been broken in yet....I'm fairly sure they'll be broken in real quick now!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Nice bike, originally I was looking for a complete Gemini on Ebay they seemed to go from $700-$1100 and all pretty used your $600 bike looks new :thumbsup:

The Gemini is a very versatile bike so for set up you will find everything form 30 pound trail bikes to 40+ pound downhill/freeride set ups. If it going to be an everyday trail bike at some point you could look into getting lighter wheels and tires and an air shock in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts