Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the shuttle from HR to top of the post system about a week ago. Run by the Fat Tire Farm guys on 4th. I was great, really clean van, good racks and a good driver all for $20.00. I think they are running daily except mon-tues. Highly recommend and I would take a few laps on Dirt surfer.

Enjoy

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've never ridden up there but we're on our way in 2 weeks. We'll have 2 days to ride in the area before heading back to SoCal via Ashland. I didn't realize a shuttle was possible and/or necessary for some routes at Post Canyon. I'm thinking maybe we could take the 10 am shuttle and then climb back up for another lap to ride a different route down to maximize our riding.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually ride post by riding up from HR but this time I wanted to start at the top. The shuttle was great and my plan was to lap my way down. Stayed on plan mostly with a quick lap on Dirt Surfer, then back up to Sexy Beast and the Cobbles and upper Dirt Surfer. Heads that many of these are moto trails. It pays to really plan your route or go with someone who knows the system because if you just go with Trail forks you will be stopping all the time at the many, many intersections. There are a couple of suggested routes on the Fat Tire Farm site. If you ride it in sections and lap back up on the road to hit the sections again you can spend a good amount of time there ending with a nice bomb out to Hood River.
Have Fun.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I took the shuttle from HR to top of the post system about a week ago. Run by the Fat Tire Farm guys on 4th. I was great, really clean van, good racks and a good driver all for $20.00. I think they are running daily except mon-tues. Highly recommend and I would take a few laps on Dirt surfer.

Enjoy
We rode Post Canyon recently also. Climbed to Bad Moto Scooter 1st day & shuttled 2nd. Another vote for climbing to the top of moto section for all of Dirt Surfer. :)

Sweet trails, skills areas, & jump lines ...

Bicycle wheel Wood Bicycle Soil Bicycle frame

We hit Ashland & Black Rock on this trip also. YEA Oregon! :)

Catfish ...

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
I didn't know there was a commercial shuttle available. I was just at Post a couple of weeks ago and rode up from the bottom for two laps. I'd pay for a ride to the top.

Bad Motor Scooter plus Upper and Lower Grand Prix into Sister Wife and Kleeway was a blast.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
Given the revenue mtbr's bring to Hood it seems like closing post would be the proverbial of shooting oneself in their own foot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you hear that?

From HRATS website - “It is unclear what will happen next Spring though. This will be up to the Hood River County Board of Commissioners. We have been told that if no new financial solution is reached, restrictions to trail use, maintenance and building is likely. To what extent is unknown.”

So while things aren’t looking great right now, I’m hoping the county comes to a sensible resolution. People that ride and live in the county need to put pressure on the commissioners. I know I’m only one person but without Post Canyon I have no reason to go to HR. I have no reason to spend as much money as I do there.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Wow! What a shame. I sure hope hrats finds the people & funding they need.

That trail system is too good to lose.

Catfish ...
This doesn't affect ANYTHING other than potentially new trail development. Post is on private land and we've made our own trails and features there for years. IMBA and HRATS have made it more "organized" with "funding". Don't need it to have a good time up there; trails will never "close" so... carry on!

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
This doesn't affect ANYTHING other than potentially new trail development. Post is on private land and we've made our own trails and features there for years. IMBA and HRATS have made it more "organized" with "funding". Don't need it to have a good time up there; trails will never "close" so... carry on!

Have FUN!

G MAN
Phewww!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I didn't know there was a commercial shuttle available. I was just at Post a couple of weeks ago and rode up from the bottom for two laps. I'd pay for a ride to the top.

Bad Motor Scooter plus Upper and Lower Grand Prix into Sister Wife and Kleeway was a blast.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nat again.

Hey look, we agree on something...on Post Canyon. What a blast all that stuff was. We ended up climbing up twice via Seven Streams and Eldorado. I don't think we rode anything up there that didn't put a smile on my face.

Met up with friends in Bend on the way from O'Leary up to Post and rode Upper Funner which was very....fun. Everything below that....not so much. Rode all the way back down to some food trucks downtown (behind a 7-11). Good stuff!! Wish we had more time to do something on the river...float, paddle board or whatever. Maybe next time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.