Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some friends coming up to visit in a few weeks and I want to bring them up to the Hood River area for a couple days of riding. Since I live down in Corvallis I'm calling on the locals to give me some info on the bike shops in town. I have one extra bike but I will need to rent 2 others from one of the shops in town. Can anyone give me an opinion on which shop is better to deal with, Discover Bicycles or Mountain View Cycles? They'll be looking to rent some quality full-sus bikes that will do well on trails in the area, no freeride just trail riding.

Thanks for the info-

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've been to both shops you refer to, both are good. Not sure if it is location or not but I tend to go to Discover more when I am in Hood River. I've also had good luck with Discover when I needed a part, they robbed it off another bike. Not to say the other shop would not have done it.

Call them both, and see who has the better options.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Either One

Either one, and they're right across the street from each other. Disco is more formal, and maybe a little more organized. Mountain View is more casual, and sometimes a little disorganized. I'd check out the rentals available at both shops and cherry pick. I'd start with MV (but then, I'm a friend of the owner)! ;)

·
Daniel the Dog
6,761 Posts
Both good shops

fl jay said:
I have some friends coming up to visit in a few weeks and I want to bring them up to the Hood River area for a couple days of riding. Since I live down in Corvallis I'm calling on the locals to give me some info on the bike shops in town. I have one extra bike but I will need to rent 2 others from one of the shops in town. Can anyone give me an opinion on which shop is better to deal with, Discover Bicycles or Mountain View Cycles? They'll be looking to rent some quality full-sus bikes that will do well on trails in the area, no freeride just trail riding.

Thanks for the info-
Mountain View is a bit less professional but a lot more fun :) Disco is a bit stuffy and somewhat more expensive for repairs. I find Disco cheaper for renting bikes. Mountain View has a lot of cool bikes and more stuff. It is really a toss up. The owner of Mountain View, Wes, is a funny guy, if that makes a difference.

Jaybo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts