Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I am building up a Spider XVP (with a Manitou Swinger SPV 3-way rear shock), and am thinking about the Manitou Black Super SPV 80 fork, as I cannot afford a Fox right now. I only weigh 138 lbs. and do semi-aggressive XC riding on a regular basis, no racing.

Does anyone have experience with this fork? Comments on strength and reliability? The earlier models have very mixed reviews, but there's not much on the 2004 SPV.

How do they compare to the Fox F80x, for instance?

Thanks for your help...I haven't had to buy a fork since my 2001 Marzocchi X-Fly 100 on my old Klein Attitude, so I'm fairly new to the game.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
headlands said:
Hi all...I am building up a Spider XVP (with a Manitou Swinger SPV 3-way rear shock), and am thinking about the Manitou Black Super SPV 80 fork, as I cannot afford a Fox right now. I only weigh 138 lbs. and do semi-aggressive XC riding on a regular basis, no racing.

Does anyone have experience with this fork? Comments on strength and reliability? The earlier models have very mixed reviews, but there's not much on the 2004 SPV.

How do they compare to the Fox F80x, for instance?

Thanks for your help...I haven't had to buy a fork since my 2001 Marzocchi X-Fly 100 on my old Klein Attitude, so I'm fairly new to the game.
Well I have a Minute 3 which is essentially the same fork in 100/130mm and a Black Super and my opinion is I would take them over the Fox F80/100X any day. The Fox is a slight bit stiffer but I just like the feel and damping of the Manitou's way better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts