Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see your reviews of TNT is a link on Turner homepage???

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
Single Track MTBer said:
I saw the reviews via the Turner home page. I found it interesting, and made me wonder about the validity of the reviews since they are now linked directly to Turner. No offense to anyone that gave a review.
...yeah, well...I don't "exactly" exist. I'm more of an E-personification of DT's high regard for himself...geez :rolleyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I noticed it as well and I was kind of surprised by a direct link to these reviews.

Apparently a lot customers are worried about the switch to TNT and Turner might feel that he has to 'prove' that the switch doesn't effect the riding

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
or.....................

msxx said:
I noticed it as well and I was kind of surprised by a direct link to these reviews.

Apparently a lot customers are worried about the switch to TNT and Turner might feel that he has to 'prove' that the switch doesn't effect the riding
maybe hes been foolin us all and his ego is really bigger than te's so he just wanted to see his name in print over and over and over and over...............................

come on guys! we call it free advertising and a damn good way to give real world testing results from some damn decent riders to people who are wondering or even questioning tnt thanx to crap statements like those above. friggin just grow up some. theres no conspiracy here. want consiracy? go to the damn movies. sheesh!

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
It's pretty freaking cool if you ask me. The fact that DT has enough trust and faith in the guys on this board that are out torturing his new bits is pretty damned impressive if you ask me. But then that's an opinion, and you know what they say about those...

I'm more likely to trust a review like the ones on this forum than I am to put any faith in a review coming out of a magazine. Make of it what you will.

happy trails...

squish

·
I want that one
1,036 Posts
Biker75 said:
Did you guys see your reviews of TNT is a link on Turner homepage???
you know, you should really drop in a link (http://www.turnerbikes.com/) if you mention a website.... you forced my to open a new browser window and TYPE in the url. :) :)

i think the link on the turner site is cool, it validates the tnt claims and shows potential customers who might be worried about the switch opinions of real riders, not mag editors.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Making reference to positive reviews on mtbr isn't new or nefarious. I've seen that done quite a bit before by a variety of businesses.

Everyone that hears the TNT news seems to go through the 5 stages of grief. I think a lot of DT's time might be answering the same questions and the link gives the curious a way to get a lot of info about the desgn.

I found this great bit on the 5 stages at http://www.counselingforloss.com/article8.htm

As an example, apply the 5 stages to a traumatic event most all of us have experienced: The Dead Battery! You're going to be late to work so you rush out to your car, place the key in the ignition and turn it on. You hear nothing but a grind; the battery is dead.

DENIAL --- What's the first thing you do? You try to start it again! And again. You may check to make sure the radio, heater, lights, etc. are off and then..., try again.
ANGER --- "%[email protected]^##& car!", "I should have junked you years ago." Did you slam your hand on the steering wheel? I have. "I should just leave you out in the rain and let you rust."
BARGAINING --- (realizing that you're going to be late for work)..., "Oh please car, if you will just start one more time I promise I'll buy you a brand new battery, get a tune up, new tires, belts and hoses, and keep you in perfect working condition.
DEPRESSION --- "Oh God, what am I going to do. I'm going to be late for work. I give up. My job is at risk and I don't really care any more. What's the use".
ACCEPTANCE --- "Ok. It's dead. Guess I had better call the Auto Club or find another way to work. Time to get on with my day; I'll deal with this later."

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
You forgot the 6th stage for some folks (which would appear just after the anger stage):

ANALYZATION --- "OK, I'll just run back into my garage real quick and pull out my volt meter, hook it up to my laptop, run about 15-20 analyzations, input the data just to prove that the battery is actually dead even though everything points to the fact that it's dead and everyone's telling me that it's dead, but I've got to prove everyone wrong...."

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I think it's freaking ballzy. That thread could be coopted by a bunch of useless whining/theorizing/projecting too ("I rode a bike once that was that same color and it rode like crap!"). Hopefully they can keep it clean and well stocked with actual butt-in-the-saddle feedback, whether it be good or bad (or inconclusive ;) ).

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
SilverSpot said:
You forgot the 6th stage for some folks (which would appear just after the anger stage):

ANALYZATION --- "OK, I'll just run back into my garage real quick and pull out my volt meter, hook it up to my laptop, run about 15-20 analyzations, input the data just to prove that the battery is actually dead even though everything points to the fact that it's dead and everyone's telling me that it's dead, but I've got to prove everyone wrong...."
...and you forgot the 7th:

DATA PLOTTING --- "Now I'll plot a graph that decisively PROVES that in spite of my battery being dead, mathematically...it should start!" ;)

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
tscheezy said:
I think it's freaking ballzy. That thread could be coopted by a bunch of useless whining/theorizing/projecting too ("I rode a bike once that was that same color and it rode like crap!"). Hopefully they can keep it clean and well stocked with actual butt-in-the-saddle feedback, whether it be good or bad (or inconclusive ;) ).
..you know, that's the same conclusion I came to last night when this thread prompted me to ponder it. If you notice, BZ included a link to all the post sources, which could supply alot of unnecessary (equally-biased), mis-informed rhetoric.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
As an example, apply the 5 stages to a traumatic event most all of us have experienced: The Dead Battery! You're going to be late to work so you rush out to your car, place the key in the ignition and turn it on. You hear nothing but a grind; the battery is dead...
Funny. when I got off the plane coming back from the Moab Homer-and-Bob Rally , my battery was dead. I imediately blamed it on the TNT change. I later came to the conclusion TE must have sent his Jackson Hole hit squad to calculate my battery to death.:D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
jncarpenter said:
..you know, that's the same conclusion I came to last night when this thread prompted me to ponder it. If you notice, BZ included a link to all the post sources, which could supply alot of unnecessary (equally-biased), mis-informed rhetoric.
What you and TS said occured to me as well. I suppose the controlled way would be to just copy and post the text in his own web page, and note the source as MTBR forums... Refering to an active forum is pretty gutzy for sure.

I guess sooner or later people will have to seperate the wheat from the chaff for themselves anway.

·
My cup runneth over
2,408 Posts
Can’t wait to see the conspiracy theory of how BZ, TZ, AQ, JN, SQ, Push, SC etc, etc all have such big egos that they blackmailed DT into including the link to lay greater credence to their opinions. You know it’s true! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Juevos Grande

...at least thats what I thought when I clicked the link. Like mentioned above, the good & bad are in those reviews. For ANY company to do that takes major cajones, doubly (word?) so for an operation the size & niche of Turner.
Makes me really admire (and wish I was) such a gutsy entreprenuer as DT......wait, Im not an entreprenuer at all! Corporate whipping boy maybe.

JDub

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
If I thought my battery were dead, I would just have StvJH analyze the polar moment of inertia (or some such thing), and make sure it wasn't actually brake jack I was feeling!

Only then would I consider replacing the battery!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts