Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've been absent from these boards for a while, I got a feeling I missed something while I was gone...
Can't seem to understand the frankenbike language...
What's a 5 Pack ? , a 6 Spot ? Why should anyone mix'n'match ?
Thanks,
PM.

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
PizzaMan said:
Since I've been absent from these boards for a while, I got a feeling I missed something while I was gone...
Can't seem to understand the frankenbike language...
What's a 5 Pack ? , a 6 Spot ? Why should anyone mix'n'match ?
Thanks,
PM.
I'm pretty sure that a 5-Pack is what you really end up with when you get home from the grocery store to find that some [email protected] slipped a Bud into your 6-Pack of Terminator Stout!

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
I'll make it all inclusive, as much as I can.

Nitrous: 3"

Flux: 4"

Burner: 3.6" using a 1.5" stroke shock (stock), 4" using a Turner custom 1.75" Vanilla RC and the shorter X rockers, or 4" using the 1.5" with XR rockers (also known as Romic rockers)
XCE: 4" using the 1.75 shock and X rocker or 4" using the 1.5" Romic and XR rockers.

5 Spot: a bit over 5" travel in the rear as the rocker was slightly lengthened for clearance.

5 Pack: a Six Pack/RFX main triangle mated to a lighter 5 Spot rear end with a 5" Spot rocker

6 Pack/RFX: 6" travel bike, heavier duty front end and rear end.

A six spot was just something mentioned by someone as a 5 spot with an RFX/Six pack rocker, which I doubt will ever happen in production.

The old RFX also had different rockers, going from 5" to two versions of the 6". One for a taller bb, one for a shorter one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.