Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When first got my bike in Dec'06, it was raining season in tropical forest of Malaysia and mud got all over the place. So I made this small gadget to keep mud away from the VPP pivot. It's crude but it works well.

If anyone has any other ideas to improve, pls feel free to add.

Great bike.... no regrets getting it, irregardless what Tony Ellsworths sez.....:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
I'm surprised that SC doesn't make this.
They do have some kind of plastic "fender" on the V-10 back there.

·
Boyeeee
1,010 Posts
There's an OLD thread about this. There are a few pictures of Blur Classics (back then, just Blur) with mud guards. I took a seatpost clamp type mudguard and dremeled it down to fit.

Definitely a good idea.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
I gotta build one for my Free, and another for the Nomad.
Any idea on what seatpost guard to use?

·
Boyeeee
1,010 Posts
One more thing: I used a zip tie on the top to keep it in place (punched a hole through the fender above and below the seatstay brace) and velcro to the inner side of the lower swingarm. Works well.

Here's the fender that I copied.

·
one more time
539 Posts
Hey RKU - where do you ride in Malaysia?

Im based in Singapore and have done a bit of riding in Johor...

We are always looking for new track so let me know if you have done any exploring down on the south of the peninsular....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry folks for veering off topic.

Hi Ben,
Do you know Gilly, an Aussie who rides a Maverick? There's Paul Moir and the bunch of others from down there in Singapore.

I ride in Kuala Lumpur area. Mainly around Mt. Kiara. Check out http://www.bikehash.freeservers.com/ for more info on our local rides.

Send me a PM if you need more details on KL rides.

Regards,
Uncle Mui

·
one more time
539 Posts
uncle -

Cant say I know those guys but I have noticed one ang moh guy on a maverick.

All my expat riding buddies have left Singapore - I ride mostly with a bunch of local malay guys.

Thanks for the offer - Ill be in touch if im heading up that way!!

Benz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.