May The Force Be With You
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Look'n good!

·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
foot's almost better :D ..wake up to inspiration every morning!

·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #263

·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #264

·
Registered
1 Posts
Homegrown Dual Suspension

Greetings All,
I am a long time Schwinn fan (mostly road bikes) and I am looking at getting a used Homegrown Dual Suspension like the one pictured (I'm getting older and my Specialized Jumpstumper hardtail has become too bone rattling). What are some of the things I should be aware of when buying a used dual suspension bike? Also, how easy is it to get replacement parts if needed?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Bikes like the Sweetspot really only have one replacement part - the swingarm bushings. You can still find them, either from old Schwinn stock, or I believe some of the bushing companies still make them. Might be something at McMaster-Carr, or Igus may have them. Sweetspots are pretty reliable overall. They don't deliver a super plush ride if that's what you're looking for, but compared to a hardtail, they're luxury. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just scored a '99 Homegrown complete this morning for $75 :eekster: :thumbsup:

Used but not abused. Small frame for my son but can't wait to get her tuned and cleaned up. Should like nice along side my Homegrown. :cool:

·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
the last one is My favorite!

·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
$5 stays some of them buddha43 had in his post last year were stolen because i don't know what a straight 4 is

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 98 Homegrown XT, Changing Fork and headset out this week, and possibly the cranks. I'm just getting back to riding and I'm worried the Kookas might be a bit dangerous.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
2001 Homegrown Factory Limited

My Factory Limited commuter. Hit the trails for a few years with it but now it's my townie. Great bike to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Schwinn Decals

My Factory Limited commuter. Hit the trails for a few years with it but now it's my townie. Great bike to ride.
Hi, I´m a Schwinn Moab owner. It was stolen and I recovered but it was full painted (full black)
I want to repaint it and need schwinn decals to put it, but can´t get it where I live (Argentina)
Does anybody have or Know where to find schwinn decals?
My sister will be in new york in one month and she can bring them
Excuse my english

·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Ebay

·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
15yrs ago I bought this Straight 8. 3yrs ago I regretfully sold it... the other day I bought it back!!!

Attachments

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,108 Posts
My Two Tomatoes

Both SSs

IMG_3429.jpg
'99 Sweetspot SS converted to 27.5. 34:20 weighing in at ~24.5 Lbs

IMG_3418.jpg
'01 Hardtail SS running 32:18. She weighs a tick under 20 lbs, with Tubeless tires.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts