Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the complete bike a while back, less than half-price due to Schwinn's closing. It rode great but was a little too big for me, and besides I'm not a fan of the integrated headset, also the fact that you could write off the frame with a big dent sort of put me off.

Anyway I've tried (not very hard) selling the frame, and now I've sort of given up, not helped by the fact that it is at the moment at my parent's place in another country.

I know this frame has quite a reputation, built by Yeti etc. I'm quite happy to keep it, who knows one day maybe build it up again (though I'm unlikely to grow taller at nearly 30), but was wondering if it could become a real sought-after item (it's only had a handful of rides, well just enough for the chain to start gouging at the chainstay bridge). A classic frame in the way a Yeti or Fat Chance are now. What'cha think?

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Here's what I understand: it's not a Yeti bike, that generation of frames was made at Ano inc. The previous generation's high end Homegrowns were Yeti made.

I've seen some well worn gold frames like yours, and as they get ridden they start to look pretty banged up. I don't know about the value going up, but I would think it's time to either sell it/ride it or store it as a museum piece.

Damn cool bike, btw.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
I'd get rid of it

Unless you like looking at it on the wall. It's not worth much as you have already found out and the value will deffinately not rise. If you dont plan on using it its pretty much worthless.

The Project Underground was the only Schwinn (well Schwinn made in the last few decades) that has any chance of being a classic as there were very few made. However those were pieces of junk and can be found for almost nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.