Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking into running the same 780 3x10 but wanted to run the HB bash guard and HB's single ring, or one comparable, and removing the inner ring to make it a 1x10. I was also wanting to run the MRP lopes guide. Do you think there would be enough room to run the bash, 34T, and guide? I'm guessing there isn't enough room between the bash/chain ring for the guide.

Thanks for info,
James

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using the stock 24/32 rings. I had a sram 22/33/bash previously on a 29er FS trail bike, and I liked that combo. My climbing is getting stronger, so I think the 24T granny will work okay. If not, I'll put on a 22T.

A lot of guys like a 36 or 38 in place of the 32. For me, with the 32 I can stay in that middle ring for the vast majority of my riding (like riding a 1x10), and then have the granny for steep climbs or if I totally bonk. The 32-11 top gear has always been plenty fast enough for the trails I ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.