1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
homage to ice is set to go on April 12th in Mansfield
hopefully the snow goes before then.

who's all in?

·
Lemmy Rules!
1,772 Posts
Dan puts on a really good, fun, low key event. I'm looking forward to it, even if there is still snow on the trails

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I am still not sure if I will do it. Much depends on the conditions, because I am not ready for a messy, muddy cold ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this on my schedule, of course living up in the general area of Mansfield a snow update for everyone. 3-4 feet thick, everywhere. I have a feeling that it may be more of a hike a bike with snowshoes this year.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I had this on my schedule, of course living up in the general area of Mansfield a snow update for everyone. 3-4 feet thick, everywhere. I have a feeling that it may be more of a hike a bike with snowshoes this year.
Thanks for the update. I was really looking forward to this race, the one year I did it, two years ago, it was great conditions. I was really hoping to be able to get out and do some early season MTB racing. Unfortunately with the prospect of snow and ice, unless things drastically change, snowshoeing with my bike is not appealing.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Such a delicate little hothouse flower....
I have bigger problems. My knee is not cooperating. After a couple of workouts it is hurting me tonight. Damn it, all those months of hard work are slipping away as I continue to take it easy and hope for a quick recovery. :-(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ignore mr. Swabag's comments, The mayor of craighurst has no real idea of what happens on the other side of the tracks. And my comment is based on the snowmelt and the fact that an old ski school friend of mine runs Mansfield ski club and they have a had a stellar year for snow this year. Same as my more local back yard

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ignore mr. Swabag's comments, The mayor of craighurst has no real idea of what happens on the other side of the tracks. And my comment is based on the snowmelt and the fact that an old ski school friend of mine runs Mansfield ski club and they have a had a stellar year for snow this year. Same as my more local back yard
and i expect all of MTBR's support in my re-election. Big plans for craighurst.

·
Registered
342 Posts
We rode there on Sunday, about knee deep snow in the forest still... I've talked to Dan, he has some plans to make it still a go. Ideas include sections of the cross country ski trail's skate trail, snowblower singletrack, etc...
Either way he'll find a way to make it fun regardless!

·
Lemmy Rules!
1,772 Posts
Just saw a post from Substance Projects on Facebook. Apparently they are moving the start time of the race up to 8:30 so the course doesn't get all wet and sloppy as it warms up later on. Risky move this close to race day. My attendance is now dubious...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just saw a post from Substance Projects on Facebook. Apparently they are moving the start time of the race up to 8:30 so the course doesn't get all wet and sloppy as it warms up later on. Risky move this close to race day. My attendance is now dubious...
Five of us from London were going but now with the new 8:30 am start that means we would have to be on the road at 5 am :( not happening now, that's too bad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts