Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my avid juicy 7s squeel like a stuck pig in the rear, any suggestions, rotors not warped, and the shoes are new, i rinse after each ride, and alchohol wipe the rotors as well, im running out of options and patience. any suggestions?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
pwrtrainer said:
my avid juicy 7s squeel like a stuck pig in the rear, any suggestions, rotors not warped, and the shoes are new, i rinse after each ride, and alchohol wipe the rotors as well, im running out of options and patience. any suggestions?
Usually it's caused from uneven pad contact causing the pads to flutter resonating a squealing noise.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
pwrtrainer said:
You need to burn in the pads first. Good tip I got from MBUK. Smear mud all over your rotors, and gently pull the lever, let the pads scrape all the mud off. Faster break-in time this way. Otherwise, just do like 50 hard stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.