Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... and the guys there are pretty easy to get along with. I'm not to familiar with cross country bikes, but they helped me see the light!!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I dont know about "Free"!

You can get a 2007 ElGuapo frame only at Speedgoat for $1495. Competitive Cyclist is giving you a "free" fork for $500 which isnt bad for a Van36R. They are saying it is "free" because they are charging you the new 2008 price for the 2007 frame. There are some changes to the 2008, mainly a better shock (HV RP23) and the cable routing is under the top tube instead of on the side (which tears up your legs). Still a pretty good deal!

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
tscheezy said:
This has got to be a typo.
Not a typo. The "extensive testing" took place on a digital scale...where the Pearl "performed" the best (read: lightest).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
craigstr said:
You can get a 2007 ElGuapo frame only at Speedgoat for $1495. Competitive Cyclist is giving you a "free" fork for $500 which isnt bad for a Van36R. They are saying it is "free" because they are charging you the new 2008 price for the 2007 frame.

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

Dude... go get ur frame from them for $1495 + $680 for the fork, and pay $2175, and ill have man put together by wednesday for $1995.

Just don't bust my balls anymore cuz they just got healed from another uneducated fool making irrelevant remarks about me being from Arkansas, he died from a throwing star laceration to the jugular....gawd wtf is the deal with folks!!! All i am doing is pointing out a good deal. Why couldn't you except the fact that I found it first!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
For $7600 you can build a El Gaupo Ti that weighs 26.75 lbs. according to Competetive Cyclist!? That's as much as my MLTi!?

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Dominator13 said:
For $7600 you can build a El Gaupo Ti that weighs 26.75 lbs. according to Competetive Cyclist!? That's as much as my MLTi!?
Dom, did you just get another dose of UGI?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crisillo said:
IMKITBISHES, take it easy... craigstr was just putting things in perspective.... it is still a good deal...but your response is totally uncalled for...

You say: pust in perspective
I say: over analyze
--------------------------

You say: uncalled for
I say: snappy

Either way I understand and appreciate ur role here in the forum and formally appologize to "craigstr" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!? UGI?

geolover said:
Dom, did you just get another dose of UGI?

Hmmmmm, let's see! If I talk to Bob and get a good deal on a trade in, my TiML w/ fork for a TiEl Guap w/ fork...I will, probably, only need a new headset, seat post (or shim for my AMP) and cabling!? Maybe new brake lines?! I, already, have the 180 Oro up front and the 160 in the back. Or.....do I try and sell my $8000 TiML for $4500 and build up a whole new bike? Or......................do I stop my obsessive UGI behavior and stick with the best "One Bike" that is out there!? Decisions, decisions!???? :D

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Dominator13 said:
Hmmmmm, let's see! If I talk to Bob and get a good deal on a trade in, my TiML w/ fork for a TiEl Guap w/ fork...I will, probably, only need a new headset, seat post (or shim for my AMP) and cabling!? Maybe new brake lines?! I, already, have the 180 Oro up front and the 160 in the back. Or.....do I try and sell my $8000 TiML for $4500 and build up a whole new bike? Or......................do I stop my obsessive UGI behavior and stick with the best "One Bike" that is out there!? Decisions, decisions!???? :D

Keep both.....XC the Motolite, build the EG burlier.....nuff said......BS to the one bike concept:nono:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Just trying to point out some creative advertising!

IMKITBISHES said:
Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

Dude... go get ur frame from them for $1495 + $680 for the fork, and pay $2175, and ill have man put together by wednesday for $1995.

Just don't bust my balls anymore cuz they just got healed from another uneducated fool making irrelevant remarks about me being from Arkansas, he died from a throwing star laceration to the jugular....gawd wtf is the deal with folks!!! All i am doing is pointing out a good deal. Why couldn't you except the fact that I found it first!!
I was just making sure you knew what you were getting, I didnt expect you to tear my head off!! Did anybody here ever see "Deliverence"?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts