Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
snaky69 said:
I will be able to pick it up tomorrow according to the delivery notice, pics should show up IN THIS THREAD tomorrow at around 5PM EST. Expect a new blog post at around this time only explaining how the whole thing went down.

All I'm missing now is to have the Tuned Z1, and I'll have my bike ready to ride!!!!
What huh ??
Was the notice in your mailbox the whole time :madman:

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evil4bc said:
What huh ??
Was the notice in your mailbox the whole time :madman:
According to the notice, it was in the mailbox since 10:20AM on the 31st, and I have been able to pick the bike up not 2 minutes walk from my house since the 1st at 1PM.

Bummer isn't it?

The post office opens at 8AM only today, and I'll be in school by then. I'll have to pick it up when I get back. This'll be a looooong day.:madman:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
snaky69 said:
According to the notice, it was in the mailbox since 10:20AM on the 31st, and I have been able to pick the bike up not 2 minutes walk from my house since the 1st at 1PM.

Bummer isn't it?

The post office opens at 8AM only today, and I'll be in school by then. I'll have to pick it up when I get back. This'll be a looooong day.:madman:
WHAT :confused: Fire up the Dog Sled and go get that thing !!!:thumbsup:

NOTE: it's 4:03 PST and I'm UP and about to drive Fiddy Riders new Nem-Pro DeathMobile to powdercoat !!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Evil4bc said:
NOTE: it's 4:03 PST and I'm UP and about to drive Fiddy Riders new Nem-Pro DeathMobile to powdercoat !!!
brads lunatic traffic beating tactics, next up: hovercar! :D i bet your stoked snaky, ive been waiting too and its loooooong hours

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are the pics.

The box

Woot!

Who said bike builder's can't make good packaging guys as well?

The bike as it just came out of the box

Lotsa goodies!!

Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

This was just to give me a general idea of the stance the bike will have once built up. This doesn't reflect the build in any way. The only thing that will remain from this pic is the front hub and rear rim.

I hope you enjoyed it!!

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
snaky69 said:
Here are the pics.

Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

This was just to give me a general idea of the stance the bike will have once built up. This doesn't reflect the build in any way. The only thing that will remain from this pic is the front hub and rear rim.

I hope you enjoyed it!!
mm... eeeeehhhh..... just another

BADASS RIDE! man, what is it with this forum bringin' the HEAT lately? I'm sweatin' here...
Nice stance snaky, just makes ya' wanna get up ta get down! I got ants in ma' pants and I need ta' dance!!!!
and I like the new heat treatment facility, stress relieving there. haha.

but seriously, you're gonna strip that front wheel just for the hub??? not worth it IMO. With that S-type on there (seems to be a hot rim right now for resale) I'd try to sell it complete, then build up, or buy a new complete front using some of that money back.... It's not gonna save you much money at all to cut down a mid grade wheel, then pay someone to lace up a new $60 rim to the hub.... and I think selling it as a complete 20mm front will bring you more bucks than just an s-type alone... Also, Formula isn't that cheap... they have a pretty cool Carbon tube 20mm front hub and some solid rear offerings now too it appears... anyway, your choice...
and if you're only waiting on the tuned Z1, why not build'er up now and just run the DJ3? or is it some sort of purity thing? haha...

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
colourclassic said:
That is beautiful. :eekster: Have you posted the full build specs yet?
Here it is to answer you!

The build

Frame: Nemesis Project, Secret Agent 26'', 22.30'' TT, brushed aluminum stickers
Fork: Custom one-off '06 Tuned Z1 Sport
Headset: Chris King NoThreadSet in red
Rims: Atomlab Pimps, red torque nipples
Spokes: DT Swiss 14/15/14G
Front hub: Axiom Sealed cartridge bearings
Rear hub: Atomlab Aircorp singlespeed 12T driver(or DMR's new singlespeed hub, don't know yet)
Bottom Bracket: ? Whatever the shop installed on warranty when I broke mine, who cares, it still works.
Stem: Truvativ Hussfelt(soon to be Nemesis Project)
Grips: Snafu Red, or Oury Red
Bars: Titec El Norte cut down to 25''(soon to be Nemesis Project steel bar)
Chain: KHE Half-link chain(hollow pins if budget permits)
Tires: DMR moto RT 2.2
Pedals: Snafu Red
Seat: Shadow Crow
Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
Seat Collar: Easton, black
Brake: Avid Juicy 5, possible upgrade to red goodridge lines
Cranks: Some random 3-piece cranks by axiom
Sprocket: e.13 26T sprocket, but currently eyeing up tree and snafu offerings

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
free rider said:
very nice...very very nice

now get that thing in the air, snap some pics and make it 11 threads! :D
I wish. Way too much snow right now. I won't be able to ride 'till early may, and the 4x track won't open 'till the 23rd of june. I'll be sure to put in some shovel time to help though.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.