Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across these saddles recently and am thinking about repalcing my WTB Pro Gel (not the lightest but I thought it was comfortable until I saw these). I had a chance to try the Saddleco Flow at Sea Otter this year and the owner was kind enough to let me take his bike for a spin around the grass. I'm not sure about how each of these would handle long term but they certainly seem interesting. Maybe the next iteration will connect the airbag to the shock a la Bionicon. Has anyone tried them?

http://www.allaysaddles.com/line/lineall.htm

http://www.saddleco.com/flowmain.html

Attachments

·
Bomber
982 Posts
Look at yer seatpost and its interaction with your current saddle. I have seen and a ridden a few of these and it seems like they sag a little when you break em in and then the post wears a hole through the fabric. Definitely initially comfortable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
WTB rocket, best saddle around, and great for the prostate too. Good cush, great comfort, great durability, and thin enough so that you can get behind the saddle when you prefer not to go OTB. No I don't work for WTB. The above saddles look like gimmicks to me.

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
you're telling me. i just started getting numbness, and let me tell you its a bit unsettling. nothing is more important that keeping those components in good shape.

race worthy- definitely. they are super well made saddles. expensive- definitely. i just got one for my road bike, since that's where i spend the most time actually in the saddle. mtb is single speed or pretty technical, so i'm up and around all the time. still, i can see me putting one of these saddles on my mountain bike in the near future too. gotta keep everything working at all costs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
we have a few demos of the allay saddles in stock as well as the sizing pad if you are interested. just send me a PM and i can get you the details. the saddle seems comfortable enough, but you need to check for yourself to be sure. try not to take saddle recommendations as it is all about fit in that department. for example, i use a solid carbon Selle Italia C64 saddle which to most might be the most uncomfortable ride in the world, but for me its great. on the other hand the WTB rocket V is a great saddle so im told, but i cant even ride it around the block without stopping to stand.
also, if you are interested in any of the WTB saddles, we have all of those for demo as well.
Good Luck!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.